Fuel Consumption - How many miles do you get from a FULL TANK?

Really dont know how you guys are getting so much per tank...
The most ive ever had was 350 (round trip Silverstone) last year.
That was 98% motorway and 70mph.
Since that day i have never had anywhere near that.
Normal week which is ALL motorway (live 500yrs from the m/way and work 500yrs off the other end of the m/way) Petrol light comes on at around 260 miles, winter was more round 220/230 miles. Trip mpg has never shown more than 32mpg, most the time its in the 20's (21 to 26)
My 182 was far better on fuel and i drove the 182 twice as hard as i drive the 200.

Exactly the same for me Paul!! Was lucky with 300 a tank and felt like the queen when I got 350 on a long motorway run!! 182 was much better.

I'm quite embarrassed to say I've been using Tesco 95 petrol and driving slower. I'm still getting 27.9MPG thats over the last 2000 miles or so. I need the money for the house and its saving me around £120 a month!! the Extra 1-2 MPG isnt worth the extra 12p a litre

I've had about 470 miles to a tank, 90% motorway driving between 60-70mph. Thought that was alright to be honest. Normally average around 30mpg everyday driving and have seen as high as 44mpg on the motorway at 60mph

Really dont know how you guys are getting so much per tank...
The most ive ever had was 350 (round trip Silverstone) last year.
That was 98% motorway and 70mph.
Since that day i have never had anywhere near that.
Normal week which is ALL motorway (live 500yrs from the m/way and work 500yrs off the other end of the m/way) Petrol light comes on at around 260 miles, winter was more round 220/230 miles. Trip mpg has never shown more than 32mpg, most the time its in the 20's (21 to 26)
My 182 was far better on fuel and i drove the 182 twice as hard as i drive the 200.

There's something wrong there. Even on the days when I work in the Cotswolds (8miles mway, 60 miles b-roads), spirited driving with plenty of overtaking, I can get 350 from a tank.

You do realise there's a 6th gear, right?:wink:

I used 95 in mine too!!

Same here, not going to pay the extra for something you will never notice!

Brown Bear, yes i use 6th gear lol

Im thinking its something to do with the way mine is set up??
Ive noticed people on here say the 197 & 200's are quick higher up the rev's,
Mine has loads of low down torque, 2000rpm to 3600rpm it will pin you back into the seat, i can set off from rolling starts (5 - 10mph) at round a bouts in 3rd or 4th gear and it fly's.
Unfortunatly after 3600 rpm its just a slow pull all the way to the red line.
My 182 was the other way round, pulled normal till 5k then it was off like a rocket.

I tested it and the only thing I noticed between 95/98/99 was I got a few extra miles out of the latter but that could have been because of different driving/motorway use.

I only used 95ron in mine and still get the 440miles. Currently I'm driving more enthusiastically and getting 420 miles from a tank according to the on board computer.

I only used 95ron in mine and still get the 440miles. Currently I'm driving more enthusiastically and getting 420 miles from a tank according to the on board computer.

i'm getting under 300 with all the town driving i am doing while on leave.

also - for the first time, paid >£1.50 a litre on the way home :worried: shell services + vpower = no money. lol. £152.9 from memory....

i like the math there stu lol. oh and 300 miles to a tank was a rarity.

What MPG do you all get?

Hey

Just joined and was wondering what sort of MPG everyone gets? Just picked my 57 plate 197 up and it was showing 32mpg.

Did look for an old thread but couldn't find one.