Fuel Consumption - How many miles do you get from a FULL TANK?

The whole 56mph was just chosen as a constant for comparison purposed before the various EU cycles came in, it is also 90km/h. Different cars will be more economical at different speeds depending upon drag, gearing, peak power & torque, etc.

No offence but what's the point in buying a 200/197 if everytime you drive it to get the best mpg possible? Hardly much fun.

I for one am not saying don't give it some pastie when the conditions are right, quiet country roads, track days, etc. but;
  • Petrol is expensive.
  • There is very little fun to be had on the motorways anyway, so why not just cruise along at a more economical pace? Faster you go on the M-way the less comfortable and noisier these cars are anyway, plus you end up sitting up someones rear end waiting for them to move out of your way while getting your front end pebble dashed.
  • Driving like a teenager through town is neither socially acceptable nor safe, so why not take it easy?
  • Besides, if you are a half decent driver you will know that smooth = fast, and smooth also = economical, granted there is a balance but driving like a prat is neither fast nor economical.
  • Finally the Clio is a great car on the right road but is also an expensive car to juice up day-to-day. Probably like many owners if I had the cash I would have something much more extreme for weekends and trackdays and something much more comfortable, economical and refined for day-to-day use. But I don't have the cash for a third car so have to compromise. Driving economically in dull conditions makes it a bit less of a compromise.

On my runs from Dudley to oxford 180 mile round trip I average 37.5mpg cruise set to 65! Otherwise I Average about 28mpg.

I use the best part of the Clio to have fun and that is the handling. I don't have to use all the revs to be able to enjoy this aspect of the car.

Mine also gets plenty of track days per year which is where MPG is never even a factor.

I'm with Ralphy. There's no point in flooring it down the motorway, but I don't do many motorway miles. So general driving round town type roads I get poor mpg. But the difference between having fun on those roads that allow and driving the same roads economically is marginal. So my as well have fun!

did leeds to warwick and back over the weekend

trip said 9 gallon and 29.4mpg

did a brim of the tank again and had used 8.75 gallon and was something like 31.2mpg

did do a bit of spirited driving on a few country roads:thumbsup:

dont think i could get 400mile out of mine :thumb1:

I've just used 1 gallon since resettimg the trip computer. mileage is sat at 37.5 miles.
this was a mix of b roads and town driving.
although the computer reads 32.4mpg so not sure how it worked that out :/

Yup, i've got 400 miles out of a full tank quite a few times. MPG usually sits around 32mpg. Thats mainly because mine is used on A/B roads,40 mile round trip.