Fuel Consumption - How many miles do you get from a FULL TANK?

I've done 550 miles in my car and already used near 3 full tanks, so I imagine only about 200 for each tank, I hope it gets better :001_rolleyes:

You just like the right pedal too much ally! Lol!

Deako, I think he did sort it in the end.

I've done 550 miles in my car and already used near 3 full tanks, so I imagine only about 200 for each tank, I hope it gets better :001_rolleyes:

It'll get better. The more the engine loosens up the better it'll get. I can remember doing my first Knockhill trackday, I emptied the full tank in just under an hour and a half lol.

Now it easily lasts much longer.

When working out fuel consumption the manual way I averaged 29 MPG in 2011.

It won't be better this year as I am doing more short journey's :001_rolleyes:

Well today when I filled the 200 up the computer stated 25.9mpg but calculating it properly I got 28.7mpg on Momentum99 so I was pleased at that especially when I first got it I was lucky to get 23mpg :thumbdown:

Cars on 2280miles now so seems to be improving with milage :smile:

full tank i drove from eastbourne to hereford which is 209 ish miles and ive got 100 miles left with 27.7 mpg taking into account i was driving at night and in a fair ammount of moderate traffic along the m25 and m4

Not too fussed about fuel consumption from my first tank full, the dealers filling it up for me when i collect it next week :rofl:

I brimmed my tank tonight, been driving on a mission over the last 3 days commuting to see what mpg I could squeeze from it...

125 miles
13.43 litres

42.31 mpg

:smile:

Not too fussed about fuel consumption from my first tank full, the dealers filling it up for me when i collect it next week :rofl:

They only gave me a 1/4 of a tank when I first fetched mine and supposedly only did 18mpg :/
I suppose it did only have 12 miles on the clock but I wasn't too impressed at the time so i'm pretty glad its nearing 30mpg now though I do run it on 99 ron fuel now oppose to the standard 95 ron when I first got her lol - and thats not pussy footing about either :tongueout:

Sorry to bump an old thread.

I'm getting about 200 miles to a full tank, that's a mixture of roads/driving.

I regularly get 400-420 from a full tank. It's not hard.
Lowest I've had was 380 (since July ish when I first got the car was lucky to see 320 lol)

Is the above the norm? Or is he not driving it right lol

I can't even see how I'd get over 400 miles from a tank unless the car didn't see past 3000rpm.

Holy thread revival!!! :smiley:

My last tank showed a full 12.0G Used and that was 310Miles.

The computer was showing something like 25.?MPG, I'm sure that's a bit out.

Holy thread revival!!! :smiley:

My last tank showed a full 12.0G Used and that was 310Miles.

The computer was showing something like 25.?MPG, I'm sure that's a bit out.

Yeah sorry about that, I was going to start a thread but then searched so wasn't sure whether to start a new thread (and get told there's already a thread lol) or bump this one :smile:

I'm still trying to get my head around someone getting over 400 miles from a full tank. That ain't far off a diesel, girlfriend gets about 500 from her diesel.

Last edited:
Hahaha don't apologise!!! Keeps everything nice tidy and organised when people use the Search. :smile: I think the most I've seen from a full tank to the light coming on was around 350Miles after a steady couple of motorway trips.

Hahaha don't apologise!!! Keeps everything nice tidy and organised when people use the Search. :smile: I think the most I've seen from a full tank to the light coming on was around 350Miles after a steady couple of motorway trips.

So about 250 from a lot of town driving is about right then :smile:

I very regularly get 380 miles from a tank. Currently sitting at 31mpg with just cruising to and from work in the rush hour. (Pootling along at 60mph when traffic allows)

I average between 280 and 320 from a tank of VPower, the Shell garage is my second home.

Don't mind though as I've just cashed in my Shell Avios points and got 2 return flights to Paris in April with BA for £50.. Taking the wife to see Pink in concert to make up for all that I spend in petrol.