Fuel Consumption - How many miles do you get from a FULL TANK?

assuming 11 gallon thats 40mpg :book: :huh:

Last time it worked out at 39.87! Been working a lot recently, only had 3 days off in December, so cruising into and out of work at a steady 50-55mph mostly. Only ever on rural roads really and if I stick to the speed limits (fairly easy with the amount of traffic on them) I can get to work without touching the brakes. Kinda just lucky with where I live and where I work that I have no urban driving to do at all, helps the fuel economy no ends.

I also got 52.3 litres into the tank. I use an App called 'Fuel Log' to help keep track.

When I had my Focus ST I regularly got 34mpg out of it which is basically unheard off.

Last edited:
Depends on what sort of driving it is.

Town driving seems to be fairly poor and motorway seems 'ok' so to speak.

I brimmed the tank last time and got 350 miles down to where the red light came on but that was mainly motorway driving. The time after that is was 260 for the same amount but that was mainly town driving so it does depend..

Normally approx 372miles (600km) with full tank.
Mixed driving temp. between -5 and -30c
Engine coolant boiler preheating in use twice / day.

So far my 197 has been battering me on the fuel consumption. I wasn't quite ready for how thirsty she was gonna be.

Most of my driving so far has been slow urban driving normally in traffic and I'm getting about 22mpg (indicated).

I'm taking her on a long motorway journey on Monday though so I'll see the difference then. Hopefully we'll fare much better and get the numbers everyone's quoting :s

I've been putting in £50 a week and getting about 180-200 so It'd probably equate to about 300 per tank, but I'm really not bothered about fuel costs, I bought it to have some fun in :biggrin:
I'll fill up tonight and update when it's empty!

Last edited:
My average seems to always sit at 26mpg, I never really reset the trip so I guess that is my general average over the past couple of months. Hard driving and taking it easy too.

How on earth do you guys get such a high mpg....either you drive like pansies or my car is buggared lol...

My drive to work is on dual carriageways with a couple of miles through town. Also sees the red line when warmed up correctly.

I've owned the car a month on Saturday and it's averaging at 21.7 over 1400 Miles.
Never sees the red line I swear it!

I'm a pansy :smile:

Seriously, I've done some long motorway runs and I barely get the chance to blast it. Some days it will drop if I am really whacking it about.

Tbh I've never got anywhere near the 400 before and mpg isn't why I bought it, I would of got a diesel if that was the case!