200: Fuel challenge

iAndy

Platinum Member
Ok this weekend am heading to pick up the white speedies for the Clio..... 476 miles, is that achievable on a tank of fuel or not?

According to autotrader... 43mpg and 55 litre tank = 522 miles there is a chance.... A very very very slim chance but a challenge at that lol

Ok this weekend am heading to pick up the white speedies for the Clio..... 476 miles, is that achievable on a tank of fuel or not?

Welcome to be corrected but wouldnt it work out to be 39mpg? Quick back of a napkin calculations mind....

Even doing 50 in 6th and effectively hypermiling it I don't think it'll do it.

According to autotrader... 43mpg and 55 litre tank = 522 miles there is a chance.... A very very very slim chance but a challenge at that lol

But the Clio will hate you.. She was made to be driven, built by the hands of craftsmen to be thrapped. Her DNA means she was born and nurtured to be used, to have her go pedal pressed flat to the floor....

Would it not be better to do the journey and see how many times you can empty the tank, that would be much more fun.

It's just a challenge that would make a long journey more interesting, but Scottish twisty roads = single figure mpg lol

Sit behind a coach if you can, they're restricted to 60mph so at least you will get somewhere. I managed to get 40.1 mpg in mine, but I got seriously bored and floored it! Lol! That included a bit or dual carriage way driving at a different speed and not behind a coach. So it can be done, but it will be very boring.

with a complete empty car, stick the cruise control to 60 no radio, air con, fan, and lights off and roll down hill yes you will probably do it, ive managed 460 out of a full tank it was the most horrible experience and not one i wish to repeat. borrow a diesel and hammer it there and back and save a few quid and save a few hours

It sounds like a challenge I really want to do on one hand but the other hand I don't think it will be fun, how far is it from lands end to John o groats? How about a charity drive..... Big convoy of clio's and see if we can achieve it on a tank :smile:

It'll be a challenge for sure. Definitely wont get back down on one tank as you'll be fully laden.

If you can, slipstream a bus coming up this way and you should manage it.

Definitely achievable. The Clio will display around 37 miles left at 390 miles then there's around 40/50 miles left. I've done this plenty of times and it doesn't run out until 13G if its brimmed.

I'm currently sitting at 419 done and range 89 will be filling later so will get an accurate MPG figure but dash reading 38.5. Next tank will be ragged...

Similar Thread Suggestions