focus st

Had a 290bhp st from new for a year..{2008}
G8 car but likes petrol like i like beer :thumb1:
Eats tyres
Good seats drives well
nice car

For power, looks or just more practical.?

Im curently driving a zetec S 2010. 1.6 petrol.
Looks similar to a ST but much much cheaper to run.

Well power and need some cash back for mine? looking at around a 58 plate. how much more do they drink more than the clio? cant be that much worse? mines on 22mpg over a 1000 miles mixed driving

I'd wait and get the new one tbh. Looks fantastic.

The planner in work had an ST and he said that upon driving it hard, he could feel the car "flex"?

I'd opt for the facelifted one then as it looks pretty good. The originals are beginning to look very dated.

I got 24mpg when i ran it in.never got over 20mpg much lol
was 17-19 mpg i got
If you getting 22mpg from the clio you will get 15mpg from a st lol
on a run you should see 30mpg if you dont put your foot down
They make a great sound when you gun them

I got 24mpg when i ran it in.never got over 20mpg much lol
was 17-19 mpg i got
If you getting 22mpg from the clio you will get 15mpg from a st lol
on a run you should see 30mpg if you dont put your foot down
They make a great sound when you gun them

Oh dear. Maybe get some lighter feet

In the ZetecS I'm getting high 30's round town and mid 50's on a run.

Does it feel under powered though? I like a bit when I need it. dont do track days and feel the clio is a bit harsh for daily use. I do love it though, makes me grin round cat and fiddle road

Have you given the mk1 RS a thought?? I had one for a year and loved it, I think you can pick a nice medium mileage one for around the 7 grand mark

Focus ST is half the car the Clio is, but twice the weight and twice the fuel bills.

Well built and nice to drive, effortless engine. Depends what you want it for, every car has pros/cons, can't really compare one to a Clio because thet really are two completely different animals to be honest. If you're not fussed about handling or driving particularly hard but you like a bit of grunt when you put your foot down then the ST is a good car. If you like to drive and enjoy trackdays etc., then the Clio p!sses all over the ST.

Horses for courses. You really need to have a drive in one to get your mind around it.