Finally... my new 200t

Not exactly a new member, been lurking (and moaning) for a while now. But new car order cancelled (ludicrous delays) and 48 hours later drove this home to bonny Scotland from Renault Manchester (retail group). Thanks to clio_200t for his assistance here as well :clap:

012_zps3117db58.jpg
006_zpsd81470ec.jpg
007_zps8510b94c.jpg
003_zps4b063b52.jpg

Besides clean it. Not done much else yet.

The eagle eyed will have noticed that I bought and fitted the left foot rest. The brochure shows it with one, sort of looked bare without it.

Ordered up some nice looking rubber mats for the front (red piping round the edge). Gets very muddy etc. up here in the back of beyond.

Still acclimating to the auto box though. My left foot seems to have a life of its own. Had a couple of brown trouser moments and hit the brake by accident :w00t: Far too many years driving a stick shift (don't ask me how many... it will only depress me).

No complaints yet. I know not everyone likes the current RS Clio ... but that's life. Be pretty boring if we all liked the same thing.

Now I wonder what the likelyhood of seeing another RS Clio edc in LY round here is???? (probably less than zero I suspect).

One thing I have noticed, is that the stock suspension feels very little different from the two demo cars that I've tried that were running on cup. Only noticeable if pushing "really hard" or if you clip a pot hole, or on going over something like a sleeping policeman (not many of those rounds here).

So all told, pretty happy at the moment.

Only question so far... is I thought you could raise the threshold before that damn buzzer kicks in. Can't seem to find it anywhere.

Looks really good in Ly.

I think the red details inside would be nice as LY.

They driving gloves you got in that little cubby there? :thumbup1:

Looking good :smiley: how much did the foot rest set you back? I have got some of the RS mats with the red edging and it really finishes it off.
Does the car have any options fitted?

Welcome and glad you like the car
you can see my liquid yellow one any time you want
just go to renault sighthill and look in workshop as it never seems to be out the place LOL

I personally have always liked these, keep trying to tempt the mrs to trade her 225 in for one! Best colour too.

...They driving gloves you got in that little cubby there? :thumbup1:

Yep... gets pretty nippy first thing in the morning up here (from about Oct onwards).

Two options that I would have liked (neither offered) would have been:
- HIDs
- Heated steering wheel

Welcome and glad you like the car
you can see my liquid yellow one any time you want
just go to renault sighthill and look in workshop as it never seems to be out the place LOL

Bummer ! Still suffering then by the sound of it.

One advantage with buying 2nd hand, is hopefully the first owner will have got any major problems (should there be any) sorted.

Looking good :smiley: how much did the foot rest set you back? I have got some of the RS mats with the red edging and it really finishes it off.
Does the car have any options fitted?

Foot rest cost me just short of £23 from my local branch of those happy chappies Arnold Clark, Next day delivery though. So can't fault their ability to at least deliver a part in a timely manner. Now getting a new car out of them, that is a different thing! Mustn't dwell on the past though.

No other options fitted. Would have liked the reversing camera. But as I've managed so far without one in my driving career, then I'm not too worried.

Last edited:
Only noticed today, that the front wings are plastic! Discovered this when I leant on them and they started to bend and I thought WTF
No problem... just weight saving I suppose. Surprised they maybe did not think about making something like the rear tailgate plastic as well.

A few minor cosmetic upgrades.

Bought the plates from demonplates. Hard to see maybe, but the plates have a yellow border with the Renaultsport name on the bottom. Probably only me that will even notice but there you go.

Now I know some folks don't like decals but sort of makes the car look a little individual. Though the bar-code one is covering up a bad scratch (me bad).

Had to change all the wheel bolts as the zinc plating was coming off the originals (and no I don't use Wonder Wheels). Bolts are TPI polarised ones.

Keeping fingers crossed that Renault may bring out a manufacturer backed power upgrade by the summer. If not, then I'm probably going to go down the third party route (whoops there goes my warranty).
Only my personal opinion but I think the car would benefit from a bit of a torque increase myself more than anything.TBC

003_zpsr3vpvcxy.jpg

005_zpshyjucfkj.jpg

002_zpseebhz3be.jpg

006_zpsute91y1c.jpg

Front view and side view I like, don't like that barcode thing or the renaultsport sticker.

But if you like it, who cares! :smile:

Seriously debating a 200t later this year, was wanting a raider, think ima have to test drive one of these!

Get it mapped!... I took Matt out in mine yesterday and he loved it, he's going to get his done with RS Tuning next month.