Federal 595 RSR problem

I was doing 90 on the motorway and it was raining hard and it was fine , I was very impressed as I was expecting them to be poor in the wet

Last edited:
I felt the sidewalls weren't up to much. They were on my megane when I bought it. Knockhill is really hard on the front left tyre and after one trackday the outside edge was down to the metal and the outside of the front left had chunks off them.

I've read the problems Adrian's put the links up for on megane sport and it seems a common fault.

R888s or any Yokohama track tyre for me next.

These are my Federal 595RS-R as new and after 1 track day.
The ruptures appeared on all of them, but the most visible were on front tires.
The expert of Polish Motor Association qualified this as a factory defect.

Last picture is my Toyo R888 after 4 or 5 track days :smile: Completly used but not damaged.

Attachments

• Zdjęcie0048.jpg
    Zdjęcie0048.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 63
  • Zdjęcie0050.jpg
    Zdjęcie0050.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 54
  • Zdjęcie0051.jpg
    Zdjęcie0051.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 55
  • Zdjęcie0015.jpg
    Zdjęcie0015.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 61
  • L1060658.jpg
    L1060658.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

Last picture are my Toyo R888 after 4 or 5 track days :smile: Completly used but not damaged.

They look foobar.

Good job with the R888 looks to still have a few laps left if you put it on the left of the car now :wink:

Seems a lot of people have had terrible problems with the 595's and the general condition of the rubber away from the rupture just looks to my eyes a bit ropey. You can see the sidewall is too soft by the huge amount of scrubbing right at the end.

One tyre to avoid imo if you're going to use them one track.

Last picture are my Toyo R888 after 4 or 5 track days :smile: Completly used but not damaged.

My friends had the same problem:

A few of my friends had a similar problem only their "crack" was horizontal from one end of the tyre to another. And that happened during street race event.

This is why I don't even consider buying them.

I had a new set of these fitted for brands hatch last year. One very wet and slow trackday later and the o/s/f tyre had delaminated the centre tread and a big chunk flapped out showing cord underneath. This is approx 150 miles usage! Federals return policy is as useless as the tyres. 8 weeks to get an answer and it was blamed on incorrect fitting of the tyre so done my money!

Everyone I speak to is having similar trouble with these tyres, cheap and dangerous! Although it's gotta be said the traction was good whilst they lasted!

Odd this as i ran a 235 on a 9j wheel on a 300+ vxr drove them hard , they were stretch a bit on a 9j rim and they were amazing . no issues , better heat dissipation than an r888 and worked amazing .

must be a bad batch going around thus the cheap prices . .

Odd this as i ran a 235 on a 9j wheel on a 300+ vxr drove them hard , they were stretch a bit on a 9j rim and they were amazing . no issues , better heat dissipation than an r888 and worked amazing .

must be a bad batch going around thus the cheap prices . .

Unless you were'nt giving them 110%:smiley:

I've not had any probs with them either, my experience if them is that they are a really good tyre. Although having seen the few posts about problems I am checking them everyday.

I've not had any probs with them either, my experience if them is that they are a really good tyre. Although having seen the few posts about problems I am checking them everyday.

makes me wonder about swapping mine in for some R888's before going flat out down the Nurburgring straight in July lol .

Makes you think :rain:

makes me wonder about swapping mine in for some R888's before going flat out down the Nurburgring straight in July lol .

Makes you think :rain:

Its what you feel comfortable with at the end of the day.

Although I check them everyday I feel totally confident in them and am very haopy with them.

I run these on my Track spec MK7 Fiesta ZS and was at the Ring back in May doing 9 min laps and had zero issues with them.

Fantastic tyres IMO allowing my little 1.6 Fiesta to do laps that fast :wink:

Last picture is my Toyo R888 after 4 or 5 track days :smile: Completly used but not damaged.

Its not a defect, Its the way the tyres are bonded.

Federal even acknowledge this and say they arnt dangerous. I shall continue to use them when i get my Meg 250 Cup and make it track spec as well.

i havn't planned the details yet but i'm driving to London from Italy on the 12th of July, then going to stay around a week in London, take the car to K-tec and probably head towards the ring. Didn't know that VLN was on at that time in all honesty. What days is the track open during that period?

Similar Thread Suggestions