Federal 595 RSR vs Yoko AD08

I have owned the federals on a meagne r26 I used to own and they where fantastic in the dry compared to the standard conti 3's (dont like them at all, sidewall is so soft). Even in the wet there where reasonable and I had no issues apart from being a bit dodgy when it was just damp.

You can get the federals in the region of £82 - £95 usually and the AD08's seem to be cheapest on black circles at around £118, my question is are the AD08's worth the price premium?

In a word, yes. I've ran both before, like you say the rsr are great, but the ad08 is another step up. I was worried they might compromise on the wet handling a bit, but that was improved too. Was impressed with the wear rate too.

Think I may just get the 595's then if they are still on offer next month, if not i will give the AD08's a try.

The tyres will be used for commuting during spring/summer, a track day and trips to wales.

I have 595's and find them to be an awesome tyre. Used them over winter and they were spot on. The rears have lasted for nearly a year and a couple of track days. In that time I have replaced the fronts but they still have lasted about 10K which can't be complained about.

I have had a similar experience when I used them on my megane fernandez they seems to wear far better than what people said given that they dont have as much tread.

But like any product that's produced in mass quantities some of them fail. Look at the Clio gearbox, I bet a greater percentage of them fail than 595's yet people still buy Clio's.

good point angel,but if a gearbox fails you pull over,if a tyre fails you'll also pull over but not at your leisure

I am aware of the issues a few people have had with the federals, but I will only be doing one track day so I dont think they will be liable to prolonged abuse.

The AD08's do look tempting on blackcircles at the moment though £115 and with tesco clubcard points and 0% finance, not a bad deal.

Agree Scott but I really don't think there are any problems worth worrying about with the 595's

no i don't either tbh,when i was looking for some track focused tyres it was a toss up between RSR's and AD08's,i simply went for the AD08's because i prefered the tread pattern,i'd still run RSR's with confidence if thats the way i wanted to go

Was just saying I've not heard of anyone having similar issues with AD08s, they are now more expensive now though as was I bought them they were just a shade over £100 a corner.
Mine went through easily 20+ hard heat cycles, 4-5 track days and several thousand miles on the road most of which was fairly spirited. They used to look trashed after a track day but once you'd got all the pickup off they were fine.

I think they're gone up in price a lot due to them being very popular with the Subaru scene as well as generally.

There's some interesting comments one the first google link I got too:

http://forums.evolutionm.net/motor-sports/624423-federal-595rsr-versus-advan-neova-ad08.html

Different car but grip is grip :smile:

I've run both and i must say i think the Advans are much better. Federal are poor quality in general, 2 of my tyres started falling apart and cracking (same with my friends federal winter tyres). Advans last far longer and i think they are worth the small extra cost. When it comes to tyres and brakes you shouldn't cut corners, once i saw the rubber was disintegrating i lost confidence in Federal and i will never buy them again...

Similar Thread Suggestions