Federal 595 RSR problem

:thumb1:

Fitted these tyres last Friday and managed to do one track day on them (less than 100km of driving in total at Monza, which is a fast track and isn't particularly aggressive for tyre wear).

I don't know what the cause of this could be as it is just the front right tyre that has cut on the side wall, nothing was hit etc. that could have torn the tyre...

Has anyone else had similar issues? I understand tyres can give in after a while but these are literally brand new!!

Also do you guys reckon its safe to drive and keep using it?

here are some photos of the issue:

5d47a533.jpg

8f4c487a.jpg

6abf3565.jpg

sorry for the dirty tyres but it's easier to see like this.

thanks in advance

seems strange to me... Should i ask for a new one? surely they have to replace it if its done less than 100km?

sent them an email will see what they reply i doubt it will be a free new tyre though. its just a shame that it was a big hastle to get them to italy and they only lasted less than 100km...

Hope you didn't mention anything about a trackday to them.

White lies make the world go around, and free tyres :wink:

They advertise them as a track tyre though?

Yea, but imagine yourself as a person who sells tyres.

Somebody comes back to you after doing laps of Monza in heat with tyres that are falling to bits.

or

A casual driver who has been driving to tesco daily and their tyres have shockingly started splitting at the sides.

Who are you going to give free tyres to/give discount? I know who I would if I was selling tyres :tongueout:

Once Trackdays are mentioned any sort of "warranty" for the tyre from the people who sells the tyres would go out the window I'd imagine? Maybe get in contact with the manufacturer if you get nowhere with the tyre people.

It's a track tyre... Monza isn't a particularly aggressive track either, mostly straights. You see people getting a years worth of driving out of them with doing trackdays. We noticed the problem as i pulled into the pits after the sixth lap as well so i presume its a problem with the tyre itself...
I will try both but i'm guessing the retailer is the best place to start at the end of the day they represent the manufacturer and sell their products.

A few of my friends had a similar problem only their "crack" was horizontal from one end of the tyre to another. And that happened during street race event.

This is why I don't even consider buying them.

That does look a little dicey

I seen one tyre like this on another forum when i was looking for new tyres

Thats why i went for the AD08's

I rand them for 300miles before my track day and then did 50-60 laps of Cadwell and had no issues at all

Mind you i will always go for a brand i have confidence in. I hadnt heard a huge amount about Federal

OK, there off my list...

Remains:
Continental ContiSportContact 5
Dunlop Sport Maxx RT
Yokohama Advan Neova AD08
Bridgestone Potenza RE050A

Still too much choice... :wink:

OK, there off my list...

Remains:
Continental ContiSportContact 5
Dunlop Sport Maxx RT
Yokohama Advan Neova AD08
Bridgestone Potenza RE050A

Still too much choice... :wink:

What about Michelin PS3 ..... really good tyre so far as my experience

I have just fitted 888's to my car , I had to go pick up my engine block which was a 20 mile motorway journey , and it was bucketing it down , lots of standing water and I was impressed how well they work in the rain , didn't think they would e that good , so far a very good all-round tyres with amazing dry grip and cornering ability

I have just fitted 888's to my car , I had to go pick up my engine block which was a 20 mile motorway journey , and it was bucketing it down , lots of standing water and I was impressed how well they work in the rain , didn't think they would e that good , so far a very good all-round tyres with amazing dry grip and cornering ability

Try doing some real speed in the wet, they work but my god do they feel like they want to jump into a ditch.

Similar Thread Suggestions