February 2011 POTM Competition

You can do it without taking anything off the car if you have a ratchet spanner and aren't worried about getting a bit scuffed up or covered in sh!te...

Having little hands helps too. Also, they make everything look bigger. :smiley:

the sun for once this week was actually out, good times.

picture.php

Last edited:
Hey guys, I need to do a bit of housekeeping, some of the entries are a bit far from the theme and therefore won't be in the poll. The pictures need to stick to the Macro theme and therefore need to be a close-up shot of a particular part of the car.

It must have something 197/200 in it, the main subject being of the car of course, and must be easily identifiable as a 197/200.

For those two reasons these entries can't be accepted.

Sorry guys, we need to keep it fair for everyone, feel free to pop another entry in though when you get chance :smile:

mine is in macro mode

the foreground is in high focus with the car in the background. ok so the car isnt the macro part of the photo but i thought it would have qualified.

not to be pedantic but what about rule 6?

6.Picture must be recent (i.e: taken after the topic is announced)

your photo is your avatar so wasnt taken after the topic was announced

Pic must be close up of a particular part of the car.

If Pauls was taken before topic announced then it's not allowed also.

Im not entering that one matey, as I said in an earlier post, I put it up as an example of what the theme was about. I haven't had chance to do mine - thats for the weekend! :wink:

As Jase said it really needs to be part of the car. If we think long term and that the winner will be a contender for next years calender, then it really needs to be focused on the car rather than bracken. Don't take it personally, I like your photo, however it doesn't fit the theme, but would be perfect for the gallery, especially if you have others.

Removed original picture and repaced with this better one. Actually learnt that this crap smart phone camera DOES have macro after all! Lol!

2011-02-10230915.gif

Last edited:
hmm was planning to take a macro photo of something else and have the 200 in the background.. guess thats not allowed then?

Sorry Claire, for the purposes of this competition, no it wouldn't be allowed.

Would look good in the gallery though...

My entry:

1.jpg

If I win, my prize will be donated to someone else (a sub competition :wink: )

My effort - may take a different one tomorrow if I get chance though!

Changed pic - pg11

Last edited: