FCS - Your Feedback Please

All the issues with people who drive like idiots on track in there own little world is what puts me off going on track at these kind of events, I think having a dedicated slot for us is a great idea and I would be more than happy to go on track!

The 2 hour slots sounds an whole lot better, i'd be up for that.

I don't like track time at shows like this as you dont get what you pay for.

It's impossible to get 15 minutes in say 2.30 - 2.45 when the next slot is 2.45 - 3.00, you'd be lucky to get 11/12 minutes, one slip up and the sessions FUBAR'd

I only live 25 mins away from donington so could help the club with a site visit in january if needed.

For this same reason i won't be doing track time at TRAX.

I think the worst bits of organisation on the track sessions was that we were told to watch for the various colour flags to warn people, by whom, I dont recall seeing marshalls in the marshalling booths to give us indication or watch for some of the plantpots that were out there.

The queueing for the track sessions could have been easily rectified by having two queue lanes for going on, easily setup with several traffic cones; one line building up for a session and one for those about to go on with a sign on entrance to the lane of which slot it was for, that way rather than the free for all we got, it would have been much easier for them to marshall us on and the noise testing could have easily being carried out on the 2nd queue as it built...

I dont know about the Track issues as if im honest it becomes a free for all with £100 Saxos/106s that are also known as 1 time heros going out to prove there cars the bees knees and ends up stacking it. Im not the only one who has this veiw ive heard it so many times!

Just fingers crossed no other cars are involved but you never know. I cant see the people with £1000s of pounds worth are going to risk this!

On the VIP side of things Meganesport so arrange this and it went wrong this year but last year loads of food was left over this year food was still arranged to cover the amount of people but fastly ran out. It doesnt help when people take advantage of this. I went in the tent about 10.30 and the guy in front of my was stuffing 5 - 6 bits of bacon into a small roll! I also saw some people walking around with 2-3 muffins in there hands. This is for sure where it went wrong! Personally i dont think this should all come down on Daves head as he cant control how much some people are taking.

Lastly there was a few niggles with FCS parking arrangment but first year there your going to get issues once you find the issues you can iron them out its like everything its trail and error!

In all fairness none of the problems were deliberate.

The parking was bad but that was as much my fault for not staying overnight so I could be there early.
VIP wasnt the best but this was partly due to none VIP using it also.
These will be addressed by havi g our own stand and VIP next year.

Slow entrance can't be helped as the weather ****ed that up.

Track time isn't helped by muppets on the track and donning can't be blamed for them.

Ok maybe there was too much time sold but that was sold based on other events.
It didn't work for fcs but who was to know.

The main FBI g is we are determined to get it right.
No one can say it will be right next year either but by talking about it and not pointing fingers we will get there.

Mark is trying to sort the issues that are rises which you have to give him respect for (could you see the trax organisers going on all the forums doing what he's try to do.? Nobody even knows who is top man for trax)

At the end of the day mistakes happen but hopefully everyone concerned with this event will have learnt so it will be better next year I'm sure

I might venture down for next years show if we can get a 2 hour dedicated Clio197/200.net open pit lane session. That would be mint.

Mark - TBH I think you can consider FCS as a successful event for 2013. The reoccurring themes in this thread are:

- Track time
- Show layout
- Traders (lack of)
- VIP Tent thing that Megane sport attempted to manage.

All three are easily sorted really.

The 'problem' with FCS is, it's that established it's hard to mix things up every year without it getting 'samey'. Pretty much the same as every car show that's on the calendar.

As said in the FaceBook group I think if we can get clubs speaking to each other and working collaboratively. Not only will it take a bit of workload from you and Gordon, but it will also help manage peoples expectations regarding the show as the club owners have all had an input/say to a certain extent regarding the set up.

Glad to see you've started to gather quantitative feedback though. It might be worth (for future events) sorting out a proper survey methodology, and use a competition giveaway as an incentive for people to answer the questions and provide verbatim. For CSS 2012 we did a proper survey using vBulletin forms - got no end of ideas from that and have implemented quite a few for the event this year. That way people can't really moan as you've done what they've asked (although they still will, no doubt).

Anyway - well done for organising a fantastic event, much better than Rockingham in the past, which became a little bit stale!

PS Jase/Mike - As said on FB it would be good to get CS & 197 in particular working together a bit more on certain things. If you ever need a hand with anything let me know and vice versa.

Luke.

PS Jase/Mike - As said on FB it would be good to get CS & 197 in particular working together a bit more on certain things. If you ever need a hand with anything let me know and vice versa.

Luke.

Ya thanks for inflicting your chavs on us :wink::wink::wink: :hug:

I think the "borderline" idea I put on FB was a good idea - it's a statement!

probably a bit late with this but.....

What i saw of the show i enjoyed (i was in k-tecs garage most of the day).

What did puzzle me was the lack of items to buy from traders. Although they were there showing thier projects and parts, you couldnt actually buy anything.

For a trader it would be the ideal place to shoft some old stock, or just bang out simple things like panel filters and brake pads. Mobile credit card machines are easy enough to obtain and use in this day and age.

maybe you could suggest that to traders?

Otherwise, its good to see you asking for feedback, and lets hope everyone chips in, gives support and makes each years show better and better!

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Nick FCS 19
///M FCS 24
trackspec197 General Chat 0
Nick FCS 43
cliokam Gallery 23