FCS - Your Feedback Please

Mike

Gestapo
Platinum Member
I have put this in here so that more people who came would see it!

We would like your full and honest feedback about FCS so that we can pass this onto the organisers.

Good and Bad please!!!

Couple of things for me:

- 50 minutes waiting time to get in - two entrances leading into one caused significant delays.

- Club areas had way too many cars in them - we had random meganes, a mondeo, williams and some CS members who couldn't get onto their stands just dumped in with our lot!

- VIP tent - several visits and there was no hot food available and not much other stuff about. I had a hot dog and that was it! Got the goody bag too - it really wasn't worth the upgrade to be honest.

- Saxperience and 106OC stands - they were totally cut off from the rest of the show - I never got to go over there as there was no obvious way of getting over there - it is the same as trying to get from North Korea into South Korea - impossible!

Same here q'ed for 50 minutes to get in just about got parked on the 133.net stand my mate also parked his evo there.

Didn't get anythin out the VIP tent cos there wasn't anythin to have. Last year the tent was massive

Not much to complain about the entry times I expected it to be like that in all honesty and didn't mind it as the staff seemed to be working as quick as possible.

Was a bit disappointed that the tent seemed to have ran out of food quite quickly.

The parking was abit tight (I was with 133.net) causing people to squeeze through gaps in-between cars.

Also the there were two clubs completely isolated from the rest of the crowd which seemed unfair on them.

The wait to get in wasn't too long for me, but we did get there super early! Agree with the layout out of cars though, it was a bit like cramming as many in to a car park as possible!

Didn't really get to speak to anyone from Clio197/Clio200 either as we didn't have VIP passes so we had to sit in the car out of the rain or went to watch the track action :worried:

Did get to see Fernandez on track though ... WOW :smile:

Here's my feedback.

VIP - definately worth it. There was bacon and sausages avilable until about half 10 at least, me, my dad and my brother managed to get one each. Tea and coffee always available as well as cold drinks and snacks. Well happy with the goody bag too. My LED's are already fitted. It was never advertised as hot food available all day, just breakfast and snacks, which they had.

I think the issue was none VIP ticket holders, nobody was checking!

I have to agree with that there were too many can on some stands, but I disagree about getting to the 106's etc. there is a tunnel that takes you straight there, you just didn't look hard enough (or on the map maybe?!?)

All in all, had a great day but where was mad mark? Saw the car but never saw it moving!

VIP was ok... Might not do it next time but a nice area to grab a coffee, never got given a goody bag thou when we collected tickets and didn't think about it until later on in day when someone said they had run out,

Maybe for next year there should be some more activities that we could participate in as clubs either against each other in club or maybe as clubs with the best in club taking part in a final, someone suggested a rodeo bull contest which might have been a good idea.

Definitely off next year but might get hotel as we are a bit boggy at campsite lol

Good:
The amount of cars available to see and generally the amount of club stands
Free passenger rides if you were lucky enough to get a ticket
Drift cars and passenger rides seems fairly reasonably priced

Bad
-Entry time to get in. There were two entrances, you could have gone in via the paddock gates, but no sod let you know that
-VIP. My £9 got me a pack of biscuits. For some reason, I thought lunch was supposed to be on offer? Wasn't exactly well guarded either
-Actually getting a passenger ride was ridiculous and not very thought out. We must have queued well over 2 hours in total today, and I still didn't get one. Gave up in the end and went home
-Lack of stalls/sellers/traders/things to do. Could have been SO much more to it.
-Seemed a bit squashed and hectic to get in and parked up in the correct stand.

The rain. Move it to July :smiley:

The wait time to get in for me was 45 mins did wind me up a bit and the fact that a marshall put the west mids lot in the v6 area they wernt to pleased with me in the slightest but hey i was told to park there so i did i was asked to move by 1 owner but overall had a good day met loads of new people so pretty well pleased with the day lack of stands though like trade ones was the only real downer for me i couldnt spend my money lol

Good bits-

Drift taxis
The track time

Bad bits

Car groupings seemed very odd- Why not have cliosport, Clio 200.net & renaultsport together
Then PUG sport & S*itroen together-

every year I go I leave a bit earlier- It is a bit boring & seemed to lack synergy this year --

S

I agree with the points raised, especially the car layout, that was really poor. Also i think we should have an area for our members to hang out, like the gazebo 106owners had, as there was nowhere to go to meet the forum members. Our area was more of a car park than a stand. I ended up only really seeing the people I convoyed in with.

It's a bit of a small venue for the size of show so I guess they're doing their best. Much preferred the track to rockingham, seemed like there were a lot of incidents though!

VIP. My £9 got me a pack of biscuits.

I got £9 worth of biscuits! I think that was lunch?!

Good to see so many familiar cars, and really inspiring to see some subtle and more 'out-there' mods. I was parked next to a LY 200 (Dom?) - will definitely be a sheep with your subtle renaultsport decal on the wing mirror :wink: however it's not so easy to recognise faces - i know name badges were mentioned somewhere - next time it might be a good idea to label who the cars belong to aswell?

Had a good few hours today!

Last edited:

Good to see so many familiar cars, and really inspiring to see some subtle and more 'out-there' mods. I was parked next to a LY 200 (Dom?) - will definitely be a sheep with your subtle renaultsport decal on the wing mirror :wink: however it's not ao easy to recognise faces - i know name badges were mentioned somewhere - next time it might be a good idea to label who the cars belong to aswell?

haha i said that. I think Luke_197 was the only car with a label on it!

haha i said that. I think Luke_197 was the only car with a label on it!

EVERYONE should have recognised my beast...the odd one out with the two massive flags either side of it :wink:

I was there for half hour talking to Brian and The Boosh! - Admins from CS - really nice people they were too :smile:

Thanks for the feedback so far too - I will make sure Mark sees this.

As for the Saxp/106 area being obvious to find (the tunnel) - it wasn't to me:oops: :oops: LOL!!! But then i never looked at the maps :wink:

Only bad points for me were the amount of waiting around in queues! We queued for an hour for Renaultsport passenger ride to then be told we had to go get a passenger wrist band from the track sign on area and then get back in a queue to get in car. Then when back in the queue Renault didn't have any helmets so if you didn't have your own you had to go and hire one for £10. We couldn't be arsed with this so walked over to Citroen who had helmets for people to use so went out in a DS3 racing. The guy then went and crashed it when he took me out lol

Other than that a good day.

I enjoyed it tbh.

I was lucky enough to get a passenger ride, I went in the Clio Raider (number 1 of 50!!!) what a driver he was!! Peter Taylor iirc. Really enjoyed that.

Also went on the ClioSport parade lap for Lee Davies, which turned out to be a proper lap of the track!!

Also picked my Brake Discs up from Kam Racing! And bought a helmet from them also.

Took a fair few pics, so shall upload them later on.

Good to see so many familiar cars, and really inspiring to see some subtle and more 'out-there' mods. I was parked next to a LY 200 (Dom?) - will definitely be a sheep with your subtle renaultsport decal on the wing mirror :wink: however it's not so easy to recognise faces - i know name badges were mentioned somewhere - next time it might be a good idea to label who the cars belong to aswell?

More than welcome mate all about the little details :wink:

For me

Good
- amount of cars, quality to see some of the motors in our club and others in the flesh.
- drift taxxis were good and Defo worth the £10 really enjoyed it
- getting to give the missus a beating of the inflatable dual thingy :tongueout:
-watching some nice track time

Bad
- how all over the place the show was, I would of been pi$$ed of I'd been on the 106 owners stand.
- no where to chill out and have a chat
- no enough stuff to do, compared to other shows it was very poor
- more freebies and sort out the passenger rides so people aren't guessing and queuing for ages.

All in all was a decent show though but again I left early as its was just boring by mid afternoon

Enjoyed it but not enough merchandise, good to see your clios everyone, Fernadez Clio was nice and admiring rogue-197's diffuser!

Bad...
VIP nowhere near as good as last year.
Goodie bag was pants.
Top 25 judging took way too much of my day.
Lack of traders.

Good...
I do prefer the venue but just needs to be organised a little better.
Meeting some new faces.

After speaking to a few members we have started to plan for next year.
The more cars we have the bigger space we get, spoke to mark Dow(organiser) he says we have plenty of cars to get a decent space now.
Now we have grown as a club and getting larger numbers at shows Instead of doing a joint stand we are going to have our own.
We have a gazeebo and will bring it.
Will do some kind of food(breakfast and lunch)
Go night before to mark out car parking.
Will get there early to organise parking.

What do we think.???

Will need help and thi king of possibly a new site roll " events organiser"

Anyone that didn't get a goodie bag for VIP please let me know and I'll speak to dave see what he can do.

Bad points
At FCS food nothing left after 10.30 other than biscuits and crisps £9
At National meet £1-2 donation food all day.No brainer there
Random parking by who ever had no where to park so dumped in our area
No photo with the Flux Babes who ever they are???
Cars or owners need badges so we know who is who
Not being able to go out on track:nope:

Good points
Excellent turn out by our guys(thank you) nice to put some faces to the names
Some real nice looking turned out cars

Pretty much Mike and others have nailed it.....VIP definitely wasn't very VIP and not worth the upgrade. If I had gone (outside of being part of a forum and meeting some of the members), would have been really poor....

Upside though....did get a few passenger laps in Josh Cookes Cup Racer!!!!!

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Nick FCS 19
///M FCS 24
trackspec197 General Chat 0
Nick FCS 43
cliokam Gallery 23