Fast road/track tyre choice

Morning,

For the clio Im fitting the cup racer wheels (8j) and looking to run them.for the summer with a sticky tyre on.to make the most out the suspension setup.

So here's a list of tyres but unsure on what they are like on the road. going to be on.the car from April until September maybe.

Toyo R888
Yokohama A048
Federal RS-R

any other tyres people can recommend? The wear rate Im not fused about as Im sure they'll all easily last those 4/5months :smile:

Yokohama AD08s are worth a look if you can find them at a good price, similar to the RS-R in performance I would imagine but I can attest to them working well in ALL weathers :smile:

They'll last longer than 5 months too and still perform great:

e.g. :wink:
http://youtu.be/RPRPSbnWtX8?t=6m52s

Federal rsr's and R888s are of identical performance on the road but I'd choose the rsr's myself. Cheaper and have more tread, they are fantastic on track too!

R888s do look the nuts though! Never had experience with the Yokos.

If it won't see a track I'd pick the yokos, that's what I'm going for next after my contis are shot, basically the same price as well.

What yoko's is that Mike?

R888's have the nicest sidewall I've ever seen haha.

What about Dunlops track offering?

I never plan to track the car ruining the yellow paint worries me too much!! Haha.

not using the car on track, any will do then.

As you will be hard pushed (or stupid/mental) to exceed thier grip levels on the road.

I think they are the ad08's. I think! They are on cams kill for a few quid off contis, there my next choice! 888's will feel good on the road, but I reckon as u can't get the same heat in or limit as you would on track, something like the yoko would be more realistic and cheaper lol! But still offer higher levels of grip, Bit better in the wet as well I believe bud.

I think they are the ad08's. I think! They are on cams kill for a few quid off contis, there my next choice! 888's will feel good on the road, but I reckon as u can't get the same heat in or limit as you would on track, something like the yoko would be more realistic and cheaper lol! But still offer higher levels of grip, Bit better in the wet as well I believe bud.

They get hot enough :001_rolleyes:
IMAG0027.jpg

how long do these federar rsr`s last, aproximately? with a standard usage and only a bit of fast roading?

Like I said in pm. R888s on the road are, IMO, unbearable. Too noisy and flick everything on the road into yer wheels arches filling them with $hite.

Never said they woudnt get hot, just not as hot, your never gonna get the same as what you get on track are you? Thats what i was getting at! :001_rolleyes:

It was just a shameless excuse to show a picture :tongueout: wasn't arguing!

Never personally had bother with R888s on the road. Yep they are noisy and bumpy but what do you expect from a track tyre!

The RSRs are very civilised on the road, consider them a middle ground between the R888 and road tyres, yet massively capable on track.

Never personally had bother with R888s on the road. Yep they are noisy and bumpy but what do you expect from a track tyre!

The RSRs are very civilised on the road, consider them a middle ground between the R888 and road tyres, yet massively capable on track.

Think I'll give the RSRs a go next time around.