Extra Stripey Gordini - Recaro pics added

I'm thinking you could've made the 1st R26R Gordini edition! Gotta love stripes. Can't wait to see those seats when they're done.

Reactions: Gordini
Thanks guys. I'm sure someone will beat me to it at this rate but I'll do my best to make the Gordini into what it always should have been and being first would be nice. Have had some interesting conversations with people about what power is available but some of the costs are obscene :smile: As such it will probably be quick but not stupidly so.

Hi Shuv, no positive updates I'm afraid. I'm pretty fed up at the moment. The painter reckons he is in hospital now with pneumonia rather than heart problems. He thinks he'll live and may even be out before Christmas. At least he won't need a heart transplant, but I'm sure a brain one would probably help. Personally I think he has just taken on too much work and is talking b@llocks because he has given me excuse after excuse and missed numerous deadlines. It usually takes about 20 texts to get any sort of a reply. If the parts were more valuable I'd be wondering if he'd done a runner with them. Don't think the car will be back on the road until 2017 :worried: I expect the battery and other bits will be knackered by the time it get back on the road...

In the meantime I have been plotting my return and been looking at all sorts of bits to waste money on including a big gay wing and stupidly big brakes :wink:

Hi Shuv, no positive updates I'm afraid. I'm pretty fed up at the moment. The painter reckons he is in hospital now with pneumonia rather than heart problems. He thinks he'll live and may even be out before Christmas. At least he won't need a heart transplant, but I'm sure a brain one would probably help. Personally I think he has just taken on too much work and is talking b@llocks because he has given me excuse after excuse and missed numerous deadlines. It usually takes about 20 texts to get any sort of a reply. If the parts were more valuable I'd be wondering if he'd done a runner with them. Don't think the car will be back on the road until 2017 :worried: I expect the battery and other bits will be knackered by the time it get back on the road...

In the meantime I have been plotting my return and been looking at all sorts of bits to waste money on including a big gay wing and stupidly big brakes :wink:
Can you just not get your parts back and take them elsewhere? I wouldn't trust this guy to complete the work.

Your painter sounds like a Totally Weird And un-Trustworthy dude.

If he spent more time painting and less time making 'excuses" he wouldnt have to 'hide'........

Anyway - onwards and upwards. No one else remotely close you can give the parts to ? If not any idea when he might actually do them ?

Presume you cant progress with seat re-trimming until you have the backs back (Does that sound like a Christmas stutter ?) :smile:

Reactions: Jimmy and Gordini
Your painter sounds like a Totally Weird And un-Trustworthy dude.

If he spent more time painting and less time making 'excuses" he wouldnt have to 'hide'........

Anyway - onwards and upwards. No one else remotely close you can give the parts to ? If not any idea when he might actually do them ?

Presume you cant progress with seat re-trimming until you have the backs back (Does that sound like a Christmas stutter ?) :smile:
That is an excellent description of him Shuv :smile: I have two problems, main one being that he is about 1hr10 from me so I can't just pop in. Secondly, I'm not sure what state the bits are in. When I really kicked off they were all virtually ready and they just needed a flat and polish. From his death bed he texted me that not all were even hydrodipped...

Reactions: sevenfourate
Seats will be a 2017 project as I haven't even been able to get the Clio over to the trimmer to match the colours

This isn't sprayshack I assume Si?

Really bummer this is mate..
No Chris, Simon at SprayShack would never act in this way. I didn't use SprayShack for these bits as they were a bit big to post.

Mind you at least my bloke sometimes replies to me. I can't say that about clioturbo.co.uk - I've been looking to buy one of their forged engines and they never reply to emails or answer the phone. I've just about given up trying to contact them, would hate to have left my car with them, I'd be bricking it :smile:

Clioturbo are on cliosport, perhaps try there, but to be honest, your close to engine dynamics who do a conversion kit also and a damn site closer than you - and a trader!

Clioturbo are on cliosport, perhaps try there, but to be honest, your close to engine dynamics who do a conversion kit also and a damn site closer than you - and a trader!

.......and are extremely helpful, reliable, honest and trustworthy.

Thanks mate. Engine dynamics are great, don't get me wrong, very helpful, but he pretty much hates the 197/200 and doesn't recommend modifying it. He reckons megging it the only option, but they don't seem to do meg conversions...

Thanks mate. Engine dynamics are great, don't get me wrong, very helpful, but he pretty much hates the 197/200 and doesn't recommend modifying it. He reckons megging it the only option, but they don't seem to do meg conversions...

Most odd when you advertise it on your website lol!

What are you hoping to do then? Turbo the f4r engine?

Most odd when you advertise it on your website lol!

What are you hoping to do then? Turbo the f4r engine?
I know, it's very odd. I don't know if it's invite only like those oneplusone phones used to be. But he won't sell me a conversion.

I was looking at a Clioturbo build as it was forged and reasonably priced (an unused customers engine not even run in)

I was looking at a Clioturbo build as it was forged and reasonably priced (an unused customers engine not even run in)

Forged and reasonably priced.

But availability-wise is akin to the scrapyard that had Recaro's for sale at £10 a pair. But had none in stock........