Extra Stripey Gordini - Recaro pics added

My current thinking for my front seat retrim (excuse the rubbish colouring in, I have limited artistic tools at work :wink:
IMG_20161028_104938_zpsymkpwkht.jpg

Like your thinking. Should go well with original rear seats, but you still get your stripes. Only possible downer is that the white leather will quickly get ingrained dirt that'll be a so 'n' so to clean.

Reactions: Gordini
Finally got round to fitting the dash panel yesterday. Was in the dark so couldn't see how it looked but checked this morning and took these. I'm happy with it. Great job by Simon at SprayShack as usual :smile: Probably too much blue now in the car but I like it :smile:
IMG_20161030_081401_zps4balm2ee.jpg
IMG_20161030_081410_zpstqw2mhbx.jpg
IMG_20161030_081425_zps8jtuw83e.jpg

I've always wondered how the front end on a 200 would look colour-coded. The answer, to my eyes, is not very good! Black bumper insert removed:
IMG_20161030_081012_zpsgd1n91gl.jpg
IMG_20161030_081454_zpsmlzclzse.jpg

Rear diffuser off too (Akrapovic looking nice :smile: and can just about see Bilstein B14s):
IMG_20161030_081130_zpsi7hjx4ne.jpg

Bits in gloss black prior to hydrodipping:
IMG_20161030_081534_zpsqplonsvk.jpg

hydrodipping??

the dash looks great to be said..too much blue??i can see a few more bits that could be done..what about the clock surround,electric windows buttons surround etc...??
c'mon Simon..looks like you are getting sloppy :poke::sweatsmile::sweatsmile:

Last edited by a moderator:
the dash looks great to be said..too much blue??i can see a few more bits that could be done..what about the clock surround,electric windows buttons surround etc...??
c'mon Simon..looks like you are getting sloppy :poke::sweatsmile::sweatsmile:
I'm running out of funds for the interior! :fearscream:

running out??thats still good cause i had run out of all my funds last month..as we say in Czech-water and bread for me now for a few months :sweat:

Interior looks absolutely fab i think....sure a little Dame Edna and OTT perhaps.....but hell - you only live once and whats not to 'live a little' :smile: I'd rock it all day long. And i bet not only do you get a smile from that glance back to look when you park it up: but i bet you get a smile from ear to ear when you open the door in the mornings too.

Kudos !!

***Have i missed it - or you going Carbon fibre pattern on the exterior hydrodipping Simon ?

Interior looks absolutely fab i think....sure a little Dame Edna and OTT perhaps.....but hell - you only live once and whats not to 'live a little' :smile: I'd rock it all day long. And i bet not only do you get a smile from that glance back to look when you park it up: but i bet you get a smile from ear to ear when you open the door in the mornings too.

Kudos !!

***Have i missed it - or you going Carbon fibre pattern on the exterior hydrodipping Simon ?
Thanks Syer. After seeing my Akrapovic exhaust trims, I've really wanted a real carbon diffuser for a while. Just can't justify or afford £1k for it! Carbon dipping will look virtually as good for a fraction of the price. Thought the front would look good in carbon too to match the splitter :smile: Not spending £600 for real carbon though!

It looks good with the blue interior! As I've mentioned before, mods are things you do because you want to do them. Sure, it's nice to have feedback from other people, but as long as you're happy with it, then that's all that matters :smile:

I think youve just done it right on the interior colour coded wise, could easily go over the top with it (for example the electric window button housing etc) but right now its spot on!

I think youve just done it right on the interior colour coded wise, could easily go over the top with it (for example the electric window button housing etc) but right now its spot on!
Thanks Chris, I think I'm happy with plastics now. Would maybe do a couple of things differently if I could do again but overall I'm pleased. The blue plastic stops now I think.

Next up interior-wise are the seats. May also trim the A, B, C pillars in alcantara myself (I trimmed an old mx5 interior myself and used to sell door cards). Headlining will probably not get done, may consider different door panels, the dashboard is probably too expensive to do in leather (like the 20th anniversary model). Lots more to come :smile: