Extra Stripey Gordini - Recaro pics added

Abnormally quiet in here.

You good buddy @Gordini ?
Thanks for asking Syer. Yes it is a frustrating time for me at the moment. All the bits are with the painter (including the Recaro seat backs) waiting for the carbon dipping to take place. He is stupidly busy at present so it is taking a while. I think I will be lucky to have the car back on the road for early December. I'm really missing it and it is just sat on my drive looking sorry for itself. Annoyingly we can't start trimming the recaros until I can get the car with its the existing seats over to the trimmers so that he can match the leather - as a result I'm sure the recaros won't be in this year. Also need to have the roof stripes replaced under warranty which will be some further time off the road.
To top it all off, have been stupidly busy working on this damn house!

Reactions: sevenfourate
will be done..take your time mate..you want to do it once and properly..
your car will be a highlight at the xmas meal no matter what :french:

Reactions: Gordini
know what you mean..arent we all??just a quick example..
booked my track day at Oulton 6 weeks ago and thought-bloody hell its a long time to wait but look..its tmr..so be patient..it will pay off..i have rushed things in the past (like everybody else in the past) and usually it ended up crap

booked my track day at Oulton 6 weeks ago and thought-bloody hell its a long time to wait but look..its tmr..so be patient..it will pay off..i have rushed things in the past (like everybody else in the past) and usually it ended up crap
Very true Pav :smile: Don't want my car finished too soon anyhow as then I'll need another project :smile:

thats another valid point..take your time or you will need something else to keep you busy.. :good:

will be done..take your time mate..you want to do it once and properly..
your car will be a highlight at the xmas meal no matter what :french:

So true, I really wish I could be there to see it, as well as the other cars. Always liked Gordinis but yours is becoming Gordini +++!

Reactions: Gordini and Pav

Wise words Pav:

"Nothing good happens quickly" i was once told !

You listening Gordini :smile: ?

Seriously. I think the seat purchase, retrim, carbon dipping etc etc was always likely to be one of the biggest mini-projects you've undertaken regarding your car......and was never going to be 'quick'.

It will probably just about be the most satisfying though i reckon - if only you can hold yourself together. lol

:excited:

Reactions: Pav and Gordini
Right, not much to add at the moment. My car has been parked in the drive for the last month as the front bumper and diffuser are still off and with the painter. I knew he was busy but it seems now his hydrodipping tank is broken and he is waiting for parts from Poland. He has promised me he will be ready late next week in time for the Xmas meal. In the meantime, I have just been making plans for 2017. The one good thing about the delay is that it did stop me chopping it in for a nice R26R I saw :smile:

Sounds good Simon, looking forward to seeing the results at the Xmas meal. An R26R would have been an epic upgrade, although I'm guessing the scope for stripe mods wouldn't be as great as with the Gordini :wink:

Sounds good Simon, looking forward to seeing the results at the Xmas meal. An R26R would have been an epic upgrade, although I'm guessing the scope for stripe mods wouldn't be as great with the Gordini :wink:
Yes there's something not quite right spending more on my Clio than I could have got into an R26R for but I do love the Clio still.

Reactions: Jimmy
Yes I was thinking its some slow progress at the moment considering the pace you set off at :smiley:
I think that's what happens when you rely on others. I think it's often better to do it all yourself as you don't get let down. But with renovating this house and with 5 kids it's asking too much to be doing the car too :smile:

stay with a clio mate...r26r internals in your gordini would be awesome..go for this combo..you wont regret it..

Reactions: Gordini