door Seals

....this crops up time and time again......noticed that both sides B pillar seals have split.....anyone have any problems getting these changed under warranty?

if they wont do it then the parts are £7:10 each,
they are the same part for both sides.

but from talking to others that have had them replaced rich, it seams you are about the only person that has had them done this way.
everyone else seems to have just had the seals shoved in or bonded in.

but from talking to others that have had them replaced rich, it seams you are about the only person that has had them done this way.
everyone else seems to have just had the seals shoved in or bonded in.
Clearly I use a garage that dont carry round six shooters :tongue_smilie:

its crap, i think its just easier and quicker to change it yourself, just get a knife and cut the old one off. Still call customer services and complain, as for the customer services manager her name is archna or something, i got her details at work.

the seal on the right side of mine has split. gna see if i can get it changed wen i take mine in for its first mot next week! will b the final chance 2 use my warranty so im def asking. will let u kno wot they say... if i remember!!

I had mine changed last month and now it keeps coming off! There is a sticky strip down one side that sticks to the back face of the window. Problem is, you cant get anything behind there to press it onto your window so it doesnt stick properly. Water gets behind it and it loses its sticky and falls off

I had mine changed last month and now it keeps coming off! There is a sticky strip down one side that sticks to the back face of the window. Problem is, you cant get anything behind there to press it onto your window so it doesnt stick properly. Water gets behind it and it loses its sticky and falls off
I had the same problem with mine when I first had them changed, took it straight back to get it sorted, they then told me that they didnt fit them another company did? Apperatly they can't do it!:confused1:

What a load of balls! Its only a sticky strip! You dont need training for fitting them, bunch of muppets

thats bad. i'll see wot my dealer says about it. i dont want water getting in! will take me back to the days of my 1.1 rover metro lol

mine are ok at the moment :001_unsure:

but cant think why you would need to remove the side window to change them - just think of the re-sealing issues you could end up with :scared:

Noticed my drivers side has split the other week. Will be heading down to see them within the next week.