Dodgy stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
James, you're being very black and white about this.

In all honesty, you don't know the facts. None of us do. So judgement should be reserved until such time anyone us would known the ins and outs of the situation.

Until then, I think it would be unfair to bad mouth either company and stop working off assumptions.

Be interesting to see what k-tec's response to all this is,, hopefulky there shall be one!

I would of hope'd that RS tuning which come across as a respectable company , contacted k-tec via email or phone and told them about there discovery of why the car was running badly and it was a ticking time bomb as they clam it was before it was spread over facebook?? Also i'd hope that if they did contact them, k-tec would of listened to what had been discovered?

I've come from the fordscene/tuning which was in for a few years and i know it can get very bitchy between tuners and they all out to out do each other but this is 1st time ever seen this. Its usually the customers that go public and start the slagging match's not the actual tuner.

Last edited:
It's nowhere near the same thing.

RS Tuning are using this as a way to try and gain some popularity / exposure, at the expense of another tuner, end of story.

Again so you'd be quite happy with the map? You seem ready to passionately defend K-tech so I can only presume you have links with them and like some extra detonation on your car.

The only reason I linked it on here wasn't to stir anything up, it's obvious anyone even in a professional capacity can only see so much iffy work before they get fed up and feel it's better everyone knows. You can call it unprofessional all you like but that's just masking the fact this could damage someones pride and joy having paid good money in good faith, one off or not.

James, you're being very black and white about this.

In all honesty, you don't know the facts. None of us do.

You are completely correct, and I have never claimed to know the facts, hence the comment, "I suspect that there's more to this story". All I know is what RS Tuning have posted, and I have based all of my comments on this.

Until then, I think it would be unfair to bad mouth either company and stop working off assumptions.

I am not working off any assumptions. Everything in my post is based on fact (information they have or have not provided) or is my opinion. Any judgements I have made (about them acting unprofessionally), is based on what they have posted and the way they have behaved.

RS Tuning put this information into the public domain to try and profiteer off of it, at the expense of one of their competitors. If they are going to put this sort of information out in the public domain, they should be prepared for people to see through what they are trying to do, and form opinions based on the information they have posted.

Be interesting to see what k-tec's response to all this is,, hopefulky there shall be one!

I hope they do respond, but deal with the matter behind closed doors (which is where it should have remained), and in doing so, bring back some professionalism to this whole matter, which is currently sorely missing.

but would add, it's made me doubt buying one there remap's on there reflash tools so can upload it yourself.

It's a shame that the marketing techniques of one of their competitors has made you doubt their product. Instead of going off mis-information and Internet gossip, why not call them, and form your own opinion of them? I'm sure they'll be happy to talk to you about the product, and answer any questions or concerns you may have.

Again so you'd be quite happy with the map?

I haven't driven the car with the map in question, or any other car with this map so I can't comment on it. I'm guessing by how much you have to say on the matter, you clearly have first hand experience of this map, so obviously you're in a better position to comment on it than I am. If you were to ask have I driven a car with a K-Tec map, then the answer is yes, for many years and I was very happy with it.

it's obvious anyone even in a professional capacity can only see so much iffy work before they get fed up and feel it's better everyone knows. You can call it unprofessional all you like but that's just masking the fact this could damage someones pride and joy having paid good money in good faith, one off or not.

Let's agree to disagree then. From what I've seen, there's nothing professional about the way RS Tuning have behaved. As Roque has said, we don't know all the facts, so we don't know what has gone on behind the scenes, so I'm not going to comment on what money has changed hands, what damage has or hasn't taken place etc.

As for why I'm defending K-Tec, I'm not. All I'm saying is that RS Tuning have acted unprofessionally and have not put up a balanced story.

As they say, there's always two sides to a story, and at the moment we only have one side.

They should sort it out between themselves not via facebook

Seems like tuner A is going out their way to bad mouth tuner B.

Takes me back to the days of the Pumaspeed v Pumabuild slagging that used to be on the ford forums

I just hope it gets sorted and the customer in question can enjoy his/her car

I would like to think that Paul had contacted Andy or K-Tec before making this public.

If the tuners spent more time helping each other out instead of taking pot shots at each other then it'd be better for all of us to be honest. The majority of people would still be loyal to their local garage or still stick by the person who they trusted or got on with best anyway so it's not like people would lose business if all of a sudden they started to help each other out. It'll be interesting to see/hear what Andy or K-Tec say about this and I fear it could get very messy...

Anyway, nobody is perfect, I'm quite sure Paul has messed things up before too.

Last edited:
They should sort it out between themselves not via facebook

Seems like tuner A is going out their way to bad mouth tuner B.

Takes me back to the days of the Pumaspeed v Pumabuild slagging that used to be on the ford forums

I just hope it gets sorted and the customer in question can enjoy his/her car

Pumagreed and puma****e lol. Poss worest two ford tuners in ford scene

Them slaggin matchs got quite funny 2bf

It's a shame that the marketing techniques of one of their competitors has made you doubt their product. Instead of going off mis-information and Internet gossip, why not call them, and form your own opinion of them? I'm sure they'll be happy to talk to you about the product, and answer any questions or concerns you may have.

Dont worry i will be contacting them and speaking to them :thumbsup:

Aint put me off, just through's doubt into your head

I haven't driven the car with the map in question, or any other car with this map so I can't comment on it. I'm guessing by how much you have to say on the matter, you clearly have first hand experience of this map, so obviously you're in a better position to comment on it than I am. If you were to ask have I driven a car with a K-Tec map, then the answer is yes, for many years and I was very happy with it.

Wow.... apologies but it's not a matter of how it drives it's a matter of it being dangerous to the car. That is all, nothing else. I couldnt care less about the inter-tuning politics that's being presumed to be going on.

However according to them the reason the map was sent across was because the customer was having issues with how it drove so while neither of us have experienced the map I'm pretty sure the owner is qualified to comment on their own car.

Last edited:
I would like to think that Paul had contacted Andy or K-Tec before making this public.

If the tuners spent more time helping each other out instead of taking pot shots at each other then it'd be better for all of us to be honest. The majority of people would still be loyal to their local garage or still stick by the person who they trusted or got on with best anyway so it's not like people would lose business if all of a sudden they started to help each other out. It'll be interesting to see/hear what Andy or K-Tec say about this and I fear it could get very messy...

Anyway, nobody is perfect, I'm quite sure Paul has messed things up before too.

+1 (plus more characters to beat the five)

Last edited by a moderator:
seals go just go depending on the load they are under, dodgy map, workman ship, where a map is purpose mapped.

Gotta lol at when RSTuning post something it's slagging someone's work off yet when K-Tec do it they are lying/sabotaging.

Some folk need to get a grip.

Status
Not open for further replies.