Dodgy trackrod end?

littleg78

Paid Member
I thought my steering was a bit odd - following camber of road both ways - so had my wheel allignment checked and found this!!!

The guys tightened it up, but a few weeks after and I'm getting that same weird steering feel again, so assuming it's loose again?!?

Booked in for a new trackrod end which will hopefully fix once and for all. Anyone seen anything like this before?

Thanks for looking! I've been googling images of track rods but not come up with anything like you describe.

If I have a new track rod end fitted, I'm guessing the missing piece will be replaced... or is there something else I should be asking for at the same time?

This is the only problem with the car so fingers crossed it will be an easy and inexpensive fix!!!

The top hat often comes out still attached to the old track rod. Then people don't put it onto the new one. They don't come included with new track rods.

Reactions: littleg78
Thanks for the link to the old thread - that explains perfectly why it's loosened off twice now.

I happily pay the £20 to make the problem go away! I searched ebay, but couldn't find the right thing... probably using the wrong search terms - could you post a link please?

Thanks!!!

The new metal top hat arrived in the post this morning, and was fitted along with a new trackrod end this afternoon - all working as it should now!

Thanks again to everyone who commented - I hate to think how much this would have cost if I'd put the car into a main dealer!