Do I sound like an old man?

richandgem

Platinum Member
After reading Russ's thred about autosport I thought I'd pop down as I haven't for around 3 years, and then I got some freebie tickets from an exhibitor.

Anyway just looked and for a ticket for me and wifey it's £60 for the pair, now that just feels like a lot of money for a few hours of looking at some nice cars and haing people trying to sell you stuff, or am I getting old??

;/

Exactly what I said Rich £30 odd for walking round a few cars that I will never own or £30 save for a rainy day
We all get old some day some sooner than others :smile:

Its a yes answer I'm affraid Rich, if you can remember paying £3 to get in the cinema, £1.10 for a pint, 30p for a mars bar and when petrol was sold in gallons then yes like myself and a few others on here your getting old, or as one member asked me on Facebook "have you traded your glow sticks for slippers"

On the other hand, yes its a bloody rip off, lucky it wasn't British GP tickets you were after :thumbup:

£60 is a lot of money for something like that, it doesn't cost much more to watch the BTCC events and you get a proper day of racing for that. Plus the fuel food etc, I mean we only live in Leicester but I bet it'd cost £20 odd

Its a yes answer I'm affraid Rich, if you can remember paying £3 to get in the cinema, £1.10 for a pint, 30p fire a mars bar and when petrol was sold in gallons then yes like myself and a few others on here your getting old, or as one member asked me on Facebook "have you traded your glow sticks for slippers"

On the other hand, yes its a bloody rip off, lucky it wasn't British GP tickets you were after :thumbup:

Woh Woh I don't remember any of those things lol ;-)

I don't mind paying the £315 per ticket for the British grand prix, I mean that's a whole weekend of noise, passion and state of the art tech. Plus everyone gets wasted. But these are shows, it is ideally a big sales pitch, it's like paying a double glazing salesman to come to your house

Lol, I thought that mate and I'm not exactly old(21). Thought about popping up after seeing russ' thread, but thought it was a bit steep tbh.

To make the most of it you need to get there early, make a full day of it, the ticket price includes a sitting for the action arena.

Stop till the end, make some daft offers on stuff they have left, you can get some bargains towards the end, hang around until the security start telling the public to leave.

By doing this you'll get a FULL day out of it, your monies worth and then, have a sandwich and saunter back to the car park, if you can make it last till around half six or so you'll find they've lifted the barriers on the car parks and you don't have to pay for that, another £8 saved.

We do this every year and then we go for a curry with the money we've saved, six of us going this year, we get a laugh out of it.

:rofl:

I said exactly the same thing. Then, like you, thought 'I sound like a tight fisted old git'. And booked tickets for me and my mates, £128 worth. Oh well, hopefully it'll be good. Would be a bonus if we can get out the car park free though! Lol!

Its a yes answer I'm affraid Rich, if you can remember paying £3 to get in the cinema, £1.10 for a pint, 30p for a mars bar and when petrol was sold in gallons then yes like myself and a few others on here your getting old, or as one member asked me on Facebook "have you traded your glow sticks for slippers"

Lol :wink:

Can rember petrol at 63p a gallon
A pint,10 cigarettes and a box of matches £1
Walkers crisps 5p:rofl::rofl: