Dash warning lights ...

Hi all,

I drove my 197 yesterday for about 500 yards and the 'spanner' light came on along with an engine management light and the ESP light (same light as if you switch traction control off). In the screen it said 'check ABS' and then about 30 seconds later changed to 'check ESP'. I stopped the car about a minute afterwards straight away and switched it off and back on again and its been fine since with no lights at all. Its never done it before and wondered if it was maybe just having a funny 5 minutes? Cheers,

Josh

My ESP turned itself off while taking off in the morning from home, I couldn't turn it back on so I turned the car off then on again and it was fine. Hasn't happened again.

French engineering????

dont worry if it doesnt do it again could of just been a glitch or a poor systems check of the abs/esp system

if it happens again it might log a fault code in the abs ecu

I had exactly the same thing - two or three times if I can recall correctly - in my 7 months relationship with an R27. I just turn the engine off and job is a good one. Magic lol! When I took her to the dealer for the 4th annual service they couldn't find any fault code logs so I guess there is nothing to worry about.

Obviously when the warning indications are on, ABS-ESP are NOT working.

Happened to mine when the battery was disconnected. I think it just needs to reset itself as it says in the handbook.

ermmmm i had the same so lets blame the weather for now
when i mean the same i really mean the same ,

same light as if you switch traction control off). In the screen it said 'check ABS' and then about 30 seconds later changed to 'check ESP

I hate modern dashboards, all you need is an oil pressure light and battery warning light lol, over engineering.

its switching the tc off, its the cars way of telling you to boot it up. lol, couple of roll backs every few month will keep it happy lol.

Sometimes it's a fault 'electronic' where a code is sent back but nothing is wrong sticking brakes but then freed. I used to get it when running massively wide Tyres on back of car and skinny on front. It was the wheel speed sensors