Dan's RS 200

How do you find the spacers mate regards handling now? People say it makes it worse but I can't see that being the case, alloys suit the car nicely now, perhaps a slight pull on the rear to make it stick out nicely.

Well update time maybe .......
So leaving it alone really didn't happen which lets be honest it was never going to happen so more spending which we love doing on these cars so I was tempted to track day the Clio once for pictures as I love the pictures we get off the blue track Clio we have so it had a good service oil, plugs, filters etc and then I though the brakes could do with being improved really as mine where abit pants and had a bit of brake fade one night while playing with my misses brother in his track 205 GTi so I decide to fit drilled and grooved EBC disks and ferodo DS2500 pads and new brake pins also changed the brake fluid while we were at it brilliant setup

Next on the list where the headlights a black car with shiney chrome inset headlights was horrible and something I've not liked since the day I had it really and dropped on a set of lights off a member on here with the black inset which where perfect for the job, new led side lights and silver tech indicators where a must so they went in while I had the headlights off. I personally don't like the stealthy term for Cars as that's not what I'm going for but I let the misses loose with the Clio a few days ago and it looks great coming up behind you all black on coilovers with the spacers adding to the stance and width and then the bright led just in the corners looks so aggressive I love it.

Then came the day of Anglesey we took four cars in the end and the Clio was a beast on track never put a foot wrong and the brake just got better and better the hotter they got the better by the end of the day I was braking so late it was funny the only thing for me was the tyres they were grippy and great but I wasn't completely satisfied plus the front where kinda wrecked but they did the job plus no grass cutting this time :wink:

Next... I had an impulse buy... Again... So sat on the sofa talking to ash (misses brother) and where talking about the pictures we got which were pretty good and he says why not do another .... But I have already abused the NS2r's and wouldnt like do another with them ten minutes later i had bought a set of Laguna Silverstone alloys as I had the R888 already that came on the OZ's when I bought them. The alloys where black paint chipped and pretty awful but for £80 posted why not. I spend one Saturday stripping them down to original paint then a coat of high build primer and 7 cans of orange paint later I had a perfect set of hero trackday wheels. I had the r888 put on by a mate and we where ready to go again.

the next trackday was Donnington park which I invited the parents along to we took the 205 GTi and the Clio 172 Cup great day again Clio was no problem apart from a small grass cutting session when I got a little carried away with a Clio trophy no harm done I did get talking to a chap there aswel who was running two X85 touring Clio 200 which were mint so quick I had no chance so had to settle with the trophy and a few type r civics etc brilliant day tho plus even got the mother out and she loved it bless her she did ask if I could calm down abit down the craner curves tho

Now I've decided to go to oulton park aswell as a few friends are going and a few people we know are going aswell so I wasn't happy with running the Clio around track and having no idea what the oil was doing so back into the unit and on to the ramp for some more goodies this time we have a Mocal 13 row oil cooler as the standard cooler wasn't really what I want to be running.

so off with the old which was a complete blag but we got there in the end first job was to joint the water pipes through as the new cooler would be air cooled not water cooled like the standard set up so with them out of the way we got set on fitting the new cooler which of course wasn't straight forward we had to adapt the old cooler mounting as it was too long for the new sandwich plate so and cut and a bit of welding later we had a new mount bolt then we had to drill and tap the sandwich plate for the sender so I can run a gauge inside the Clio to keep an eye on the temp. Now to fit the sandwich plate which was a great bit of fun withy chunky hands but we got there in the end.

Once the Pipes were ran in and connected we had to mount the cooler and bonnet he other end up and then we filled her with new oil we did have a small leak but nothing we couldn't fix plus a new oil filter was fitted. Bumper then when back on then was a case of fitted the gauge we got a cake from the plat and ran it round and when into the car with all the wiring that goes through behind the glove box the picked an earth and switched 12v from the cig lighters and we where all ready to go racing again pics to follow

hope you enjoy :smile:

image_zpsy07tdqxx.jpg
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]image_zpsy6syy9dj.jpg
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]image_zpsihisbi5z.jpg
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]image_zps8cux2uji.jpg
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]image_zpsujwc7klw.jpg
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]image_zps9neq1ugv.jpg
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]image_zps1hgo40mh.jpg
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]image_zps01g6quht.jpg
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]image_zpsyrijutvl.jpg[/FONT]

Last edited:
Love the width of the OZ's in the last pic, what size spacers were you running?

Love the width of the OZ's in the last pic, what size spacers were you running?
I was on 19mm ktec ones with the Coilovers right down regret it now looks great but static it destroyed the arches made them into Squares and tore the arch lines out completely while driving not good

Similar Thread Suggestions