Corsa VXR Nurburgring - 202PS, bespoke bilsteins, LSD, Brembos...

I'd take one for a test drive just for the life time warranty.

This cock waving about either car being unreliable is pretty boring/tiresome, both cars aren't exactly germanic in their quality but a life time warranty would be pretty nice to have.

I'd be interested to see how one handles but still... would it ever be £5000 more worth of car? doubt it.

I'd take one for a test drive just for the life time warranty.

This cock waving about either car being unreliable is pretty boring/tiresome, both cars aren't exactly germanic in their quality but a life time warranty would be pretty nice to have.

I'd be interested to see how one handles but still... would it ever be £5000 more worth of car? doubt it.

Quite right, there are pro's and con's to all cars.
I sh!t my pants when my warranty ran out so for the life-time warranty alone i salute GM... i mean Opal.... oh sorry Vauxhall. :tongueout:

Still love to try one out, might even go over 75 on the motorway Grumpy!!! :cloud9:

Looks quite agressive, but they look narrow from the back! As you say, worth a test drive. Very expensive for a corsa though. Isn't that Golf GTi money?

I love it but I don't know why they've gone for a plated diff.

The diff will need servicing and that'll be rather expensive.

Isn't that Golf GTi money?

Not now a days really, unless you want a basic spec one. VW are just as overpriced as Audi and BMW. It's a joke.

I hate Vauxhalls but the life time warranty is a great thing, they have confidence in a car that's had so many problems!

Yeah was it this one?

imgResize.php

Yeah it was something like that. I like the colour a lot.

What happened when your now paying 22 grand for a small hot hatch. Looks ok but people must need their head examining...same goes for the Gord clio. I must say at least your getting some news toys in the vxr for the money....as oppose to a couple of white strips??? Must admit, the same can be said of the F1 before it. Special addition renaults, need to be more than paint and stickers....

Last edited:
Least its an actual special edition and not a special paint job edition :rofl:

Tbh I fudging love it (And all other Corsa VXRs tbh) and will one day own one again.

Also lol at the reliability jokes. How many Clios on here and the RS forums have ben in lately getting fixed? Hmmmm.... quite a lot me thinks.

On the price as well. I'm sure the RRP of the Gordini was almost that price?

+1 and gordini RRP was £19,650. good effort in my opinion, nurburing lap time would be nice thou.

Clio 200 cup + KW V3 + Quaiffe + cams + remap > any VXR and cheaper too
lol u serious?

I agree with litchy way to expensive but at least they've made some modifications and not just a different paint lol! I would rather by a 200 cup and spend 6 grand on mods! Pretty sure you could get a standard vxr faster for the same price?
Lifetime warranty is amazing though!

how much water do you think a lifetime warranty holds? Even the 3rd year in a warranty isnt as good as the first 2. Stepdown in warranty cover ever year.

After 3 years the only thing you will be covered for is the roof falling off.

Its a vauxhall, think residual values. £22k, after 1 year ... £12k???

:rolleyes:

The Gordini didnt just get paint and 2x stripes. It did get nearly every single thing in the option book ticked.

I still wouldnt pay nearly £23k for a Corsa though.

The difference being, at least you can get a good discount with a Renault.

I agree, I wouldn't pay over 18k for any car the size of the Clio/Corsa/Ibiza etc. Would rather put my money on a year old Leon or Megane or something similar.

Also, you guys down south are lucky, the dealers are bigger and sell far more cars and RS's etc so the dealers up here won't even give you 500 quid off because they still see the 197 as a rare car never mind the 200!

I watched a 225, 197 and 2 200's sitting at my main dealer for over three months.

:rolleyes:

The Gordini didnt just get paint and 2x stripes. It did get nearly every single thing in the option book ticked.

Speaking with the utmost respect. The Gordini is stunning I know, and I'm speaking from someone who equally owns a F1 with a load of decals. Just ticking all the options on list just doesn't cut it. Renault aren't alone either...The additions may well work their way onto the options lists but at least it made it on the Corsa in the first place so well done Vauxhall

Last edited:
Dealers up here just don't give you discount, everything is full price. Hence why i drove 400+ miles to get my one. Plus much better condition down there.

Don't blame you mate, TBH I didn't get much of a discount on mine but it wasn't new and there was someone else in the dealership trying to buy it while I was there!

Normally you would expect a discount + extras from any new car sale. Shows what a bit of competition can do doesn't it!

Back on to the Corsa though, I don't we should take anything away from the fact that Vauxhall actually put some time, effort and engineering into one of their limited editions. So far all Renault has done is offer paint and spec upgrades. (no offence to the Gordini owners, as you all knew thats what you were paying for.) But changing suspension, LSD's, Brakes, engine tweaks and ESP settings etc. Thats what Renault should be doing if they want to make proper 'Special' Editions IMO.

...I like the Corsa VXR...this edition potentially irons out the reasons why I chose not to buy the first time around....I am tempted now and I reckon the dealers will be prepared to discount as good as Renault...I can see this car being available for 17k to 18K quite easily in the current climate....

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Heppy997 Interior and Audio 29
jamesgw200 Other Marques 13
antnee Interior and Audio 6
Kazumz Clio General Chat 67
Marv Other Marques 8