Cold weather!

Matt197

South West Rep
Is the cold weather messing with anyone else’s car?

The inside of my windscreen has started to freeze and the button on the door does not want to lock the car, can only lock it via the button on the boot or the key fob.

Seems odd that the inside of the windscreen has frozen though as the cars not damp, is this a Renault thing or do other cars suffer? Both my mate at work and my dad both suffer from the same problem and they both have Renaults, noted that they are 10+ years old though.

No ice inside of windscreen however my dvrs side door lock has been abit stiff. Also I'm gettin condensation in rear light cluster :worried:

my door lock button froze so wouldnt work the other day too...but I did wash my car when it was -1 degree lol :smile:

One possible reason for the ice on the windscreen is:

Up here (I have the same problem, ice on the inside) we have a lot of snow. Obviously getting into the car, my shoes are covered with snow/ice. This is making the carpet very wet.

When you park your car (Overnight for example) the dampness from your mats makes the condensation on the windows. In the -10 degrees we have overnight that condensation turns to ice.

I got the same Sunday night, went out to cover the windscreen with a sheet and the inside was already half iced up!

Door lock buttons have been a little iffy too, but think thats just due to ice inside them...

I got the same Sunday night, went out to cover the windscreen with a sheet and the inside was already half iced up!

Door lock buttons have been a little iffy too, but think thats just due to ice inside them...

If you guys have air-con try putting it on hot and full blast as this will de-humidify the car.....my partner has a Golf Cabriolet. At the mo' every window is iced on the inside and outside when she goes to work...takes ages to get sorted!

One possible reason for the ice on the windscreen is:

Up here (I have the same problem, ice on the inside) we have a lot of snow. Obviously getting into the car, my shoes are covered with snow/ice. This is making the carpet very wet.

When you park your car (Overnight for example) the dampness from your mats makes the condensation on the windows. In the -10 degrees we have overnight that condensation turns to ice.

Get a couple of 100g bags of silica gel (the stuff that comes with trainers that you give to kids as sweets) and stuff one under each seat :thumbup1:

My door button was frozen in the last freeze but is fine once the weather warmed up. Use your aircon to demist the car, even with the heating on. I haven't had ice in the inside of my window but my wife's car (RAV4) has so I doubt it is a Renault problem.

my headlight servo motors have gone dodgy in the cold I think. anyone else?

My Cup has been OK so far, judders a bit when I fire it up in this weather which makes me cringe a bit. Maybe I should have put some Magnatec in it!!

Got stuck a few times though, but the Clio isn't as bad as I thought it would be. A blue 182 got stuck 3 times on my estate though, poor fella had 4 volunteers pushing him. Hope he put the rear-heated window on for them :smiley: :smiley: