rear drivers caliper sticking after cold wet weather, is it easy to replace rear disc

Hi guys

car was parked up for a week in wet cold ,freezing weather and when I drove to work less than a mie the rear drivers disc was steaming hot....... Obviously the caliper is sticking...... the discs look quite worn so is there a tip to unfree the caliper or will the piston need cleaning???

Also was thinking of replacing rear discs anyway, is it easy or do they have pressed bearings like the earlier ones if I recall?????

Any tips on fitting or freeing the caliper is appreciated and where to get rear discs.....

thanks guys......

Hi guys

car was parked up for a week in wet cold ,freezing weather and when I drove to work less than a mie the rear drivers disc was steaming hot....... Obviously the caliper is sticking...... the discs look quite worn so is there a tip to unfree the caliper or will the piston need cleaning???

Also was thinking of replacing rear discs anyway, is it easy or do they have pressed bearings like the earlier ones if I recall?????

Any tips on fitting or freeing the caliper is appreciated and where to get rear discs.....

thanks guys......

Hi mate, i had to change my o s r calliper had totally given up the ghost piston was seized solid!! It might not be your caliper i had this issue a while back before the caliper went and it was the rear handbrake cable jamming on!! Best way to find out is jack the back up (using axle stands) and see if the caliper lever is stuck forward with the handbrake off, i had to take of the cable from the caliper it had seized that quick and locked the caliper on!! When removed you should be able to move the lever back and forward with vise grips and see if the wheel locks on and that will give you your answer whether its the cable or caliper. Hope this helps.

Oh soz mate forgot to mention the rear discs are the same as the 172 pressed in bearings so would need a press to change over bearings.