Code Reader

Tarticmonkey

Paid Member
Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a good quality code reader that is compatible with the clio please?

Currently share a budget one with a friend but would like to upgrade to something a bit better if its worthwhile? Used a sealey unit before and was quite impressed with it.

Thanks

I’ve got access to a Autel MaxiSys 906 which is decent but it wasn’t cheap. Perhaps worth looking into a laptop where you can rotate and fold the screen to turn it into a tablet?

I have one of these - ability to read everything from ECU, ABS, EPS etc... Plus added benefit to get a custom remap/calibration to suit your vehicle/mods. Yes it's costly, but if you're spending a few pennies on a decent unit, you might as well get something that was built specifically for our motors and reap the benefits our of the added functions.

FYI - each module (ABS, EPS, Airbags etc) needs to be purchased separately but once you have purchased the module, you can use it on any vehicle (obviously will have to be a Clio in our case). They are cheap at like £45 per module.

Only downside is requirement of a laptop to run the software (it's lightweight and extremely easy to navigate as opposed to the likes of CLIP, especially for airbag deactivation etc).

Still, one of the best purchases I have made for my Clio and still use it to this day (4 years on) - I highly recommend it!

I have three options at hand the clone Renault clip, the RS tuner box and last weekend got the Renolink software going the Clip is very good except for the disconnections you get, The RS tuner box I bought for mapping as I'm in Northern Ireland and during lockdown it was going to cost over £300 in Ferry crossings to get mapped so I had a go with the RS tuner box, it can log live data from the car and I found a short circuit in the front lambda as the car was being driven which acted like a fake cutout but left no stored code and disappeared when the car was turned off so the clip would not have seen it. The Renolink software well there is a rip off seller all over the internet that sends you a cable then sends you a link to hacked software so I had to go to the mhhauto.com website it seems like it can do anything but a lot of the Modus and Clio3 screens are in French which is a let down but I have not changed any vin numbers or programed keys yet.

Reactions: Tarticmonkey