OBD2 code readers

Can anyone recommend one that works with the 197, would like to be able to read and clear codes :smile:

any obd2 reader should work...most scan the system to find the protocol the 197 use

just make sure you use the correct ignition on sequence so they work

cheap ones dont work, not tried any of the slightly more expensive ones. Proper diagnostics is more than codes anyway, live data tells you hugely more

I'm not sure about faults on the Clio as it's never had any ecu faults to catch! But the £10 bluetooth one I got off ebay reads them off my brothers golf and can clear them as well.

cheap ones dont work, not tried any of the slightly more expensive ones. Proper diagnostics is more than codes anyway, live data tells you hugely more

My £40 job from ktec doesnt connect to my car but works with the misses mk2 clio. Also tried my mates laptop software he installed from internet and it also connects to everything except 197s :worried:

All the ignition switching and other procedures still dont work.

Elm bod plug into laptop.. I know a few lads on here use there Bluetooth ones with there android phones they do wifi ones fr I phone but cost more than laptop ones...

Cheers guys, was wondering if anyone had links to specific readers so I know it will definitely work. I heard a few people say their readers don't work with the 197/200 for whatever reason.

I was looking at the autel ms509, it shows live data and also the data recorded at the time the fault was logged http://www.scantool-direct.co.uk/product/Maxiscan_MS509_OBD%7CEOBD_Scanner_aus509

thats like mine but under a different name...works a treat!

as long as you follow the correct ignition on sequence (if you dont want to start the engine)

as for others not working - do they only use 1 of the obd2 protocols?

reanult use iso i think?

Cheers Si, Do you know whats special about your one to make it a french version?

Otherwise it looks like the one I linked to but with the benefit of ABS and airbag fault capability

Cheers Si, Do you know whats special about your one to make it a french version?

Otherwise it looks like the one I linked to but with the benefit of ABS and airbag fault capability

its pre-loaded with the different models/engines etc