Club for sale £3000 value ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi have had a call from a me mate Chris who has informed me that this club site name etc is currently up for sale ? . With an asking price of 3000 ?? I thought this club was a non profit organisation ? So who values it at 3 grand ? And why would some one pay 3 grand when they will never recoupe that money , as it's a non profit organisation ??? So what's the bobby then lads ??

The merchandise and sign on fee must generate some form of income then, its hard to have a company registered with no value?

Traders pay fees too and I'm sure if the the new owners wanted to they could put advertising on it and create revenue that way.

Meganesport.net was sold off and it's new owners went in this direction. That forum is nigh on dead now.

I'd buy it today but somehow dont think I wild be allowed :wink:

Last edited:
Right so it's being run as a company then and the clio197.net is a registered trade mark , and registered through companies house ?? And has accounts etc ?? So back to my initial question ?? I thought it was a non profit organisation I am I wrong ?? Just asking ??

Last edited:
Yep, there's not much point in valuing the site on page views alone. To get a proper price you would need to know the revenue streams (members, site traders) obviously Jase has access to these figures currently, so I would presume the valuation is based (in some shape or form) on that. However these kinds of things are open to all sorts of interpretation which I'm sure any serious buyer would need to discuss.

Can't answer your question exactly Gary, as I'm not sure on either the legal side of things or the business side of things for the site. However people pay to use the site, traders pay to advertise on the site. And while ever that's the case I'm sure there is either profit, or potential profit in it for someone.

I was told it was up for £5,000 lol

fluctuates faster than bitcoins.

Oh and they best be dedicated, here is an idea of what it entails

2dlojh0.png

Last edited by a moderator:
IF the site is sold, the value and cost are between me and the buyer.

Everything has a value.

Lol on a serious note no he's my accountant and quite a good one to be fair ,saves me a few quid every year , and jase you do what ever you want to do , I couldn't run a
site like this , it's a thankless task , lots of hard work
etc etc , me I'd rarther go the pub with me mate ?? Yes Dave lol !!

Lol on a serious note no he's my accountant and quite a good one to be fair ,saves me a few quid every year , and jase you do what ever you want to do , I couldn't run a
site like this , it's a thankless task , lots of hard work
etc etc , me I'd rarther go the pub with me mate ?? Yes Dave lol !!

It won't be thankless if he gets the £1000,0000 I've heard he's selling it for I suppose :wink::smiley: :driveby:

/jokes. Seriously though, nobody ever thanks the owner/mods/admin/reps for what an awesome job we all do... *whistles*

Does it mean you can get the awesome business lease deals going on new cars these days? :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.