Clio RS 200 Cup - Should i get one?

hi,
i just registered, to get more info from experienced owners. i hate those media reviews. need to hear form actual owners.

so should i really get the Clio RS 200 Cup?

im currently a Honda Jazz/Fit GE owner.

im not a track addict. i bought a honda for the peace of mind, will the clio RS do the same?

is it as reliable as my honda?
will it be a good everyday car?
any problems with the car?
is it hard to maintain the car?
will the car cause problems often?

do let me know, im really love the car!

Welcome to the site mate!

If your not a track addict maybe consider getting the FF version as opposed to the Cup, may suit you more if your after a daily car. It's a car that's a great amount of fun, a real drivers car but that comes with a big petrol bill :worried:

In terms of reliability, they are fairly reliable, some had problems with the syncro on the gearbox but apart from that it's a fairly strong engine

Yes it will be much better than your Jazz.

Pros: Much faster, better looking, more fun, people won't assume you're a 70 year old woman

Cons: More insurance, less mpg

hi,
i just registered, to get more info from experienced owners. i hate those media reviews. need to hear form actual owners.

im not a track addict. i bought a honda for the peace of mind, will the clio RS do the same?

is it as reliable as my honda?
will it be a good everyday car?
any problems with the car?
is it hard to maintain the car?
will the car cause problems often?

Hi
The answer to your question is
1.mines reliable and always has been 5 yr old
2.depnds if you get FF or Cup and you don't mind getting 25 to the gallon
3.All have little probs at some stage
4.No not hard to maintain as long as you look after it like you do with any car
5.No

Although they are not as bad as the Renault stigma suggests, I'd say owning a renaultsport is, or becomes something of love for your car. You accept the little niggles there may be in trade off for the fantastic fun u will have. If its gonna be a shopping car then I don't see the point over the Honda.

Running costs are quite high, so u really need to enjoy it to justify it as a general rule I'd say

hi,

is it as reliable as my honda?- Dont know. You had any problems with your Honda?
will it be a good everyday car?- The wife runs our 200 to work every day, take it on holiday on long roadtrips and I get to hammer it around the track.
any problems with the car?- Gearboxes are known weaknesses. Synchros are made of cheese, though its alledged Renault have resolved the problems now
is it hard to maintain the car?- Just get it serviced as per Renaults servicing recommendations. Every 12 months or 12k miles. Which ever comes first.
will the car cause problems often?- We've only had one problem and tha was with the gearbox. When you consider our 200 has had a very hard life its a good sign.

I'm a Cup owner. Have answered your questions above.

as above, you have to accept little niggles here and there but these are fantastic cars mate, I can assure you of that!

Sensible and fun driving gets me 27mpg after my remap

Totally different car to the honda. Make sure this is what you want. B road blaster yes, round town everyday runaround - not in my eyes.

On an open road, preferably with lots of corners, this is the most rewarding car I have owned to date.

Welcome to the site.

Simple answer.........go drive one.

You can read all you like but until you have driven one, you won't know what all the fuss is about. A note of caution, this car won't drive itself. If you want to exploit the fun from the car, you have to work for it and that alone makes RenaultSport cars different from 99% of the rest of the market.

My 3 year old Honda Jazz/Fit GE, have not cause me any problems. is a practical car, but no fun. but reliable.

the roads around here are winding, hilly, have lotsa corners, not many traffic.

my jazz cant keep up with my driving, it feels underpowered, and not very great at corners, although i have add some adjustables and very nice shoes.

usually at how many KM will the gearbox cause problem?

Welcome to the site mate!

If your not a track addict maybe consider getting the FF version as opposed to the Cup, may suit you more if your after a daily car. It's a car that's a great amount of fun, a real drivers car but that comes with a big petrol bill :worried:

In terms of reliability, they are fairly reliable, some had problems with the syncro on the gearbox but apart from that it's a fairly strong engine

here in malaysia, theres only cup version, and the Ange & Demon Limited edition.

what is a FF version?....i want those recaro, brembo and air vents at the fender...

cant you link me to the threads about the syncro and gearbox problems? thx

By the fact you are refering to it as a Fit... are you outside the UK by any chance :wink:

If so, would the dealer network be better for Honda over Ren?

**Beat me to it. Would like some pics of the LTD editions tho**

FF is short for Full Fat, i.e. the less hardcore version as you would call it but if it's not an option forget it, get the cup :wink: any photos of the other edition you mentioned?

this is the syncro, it's a ring on the gearbox, sometimes it breaks, mine broke at around 30,000km but everything was replaced under warranty:

fc558f23.jpg
7b67daa7.jpg 691f023c.jpg[/IMG]

By the fact you are refering to it as a Fit... are you outside the UK by any chance :wink:

If so, would the dealer network be better for Honda over Ren?

**Beat me to it. Would like some pics of the LTD editions tho**

yup im outside UK, im from Malaysia.

i dont understand your question....my english not very good.

what you mean about the dealer network?

sorry..

Ollie RS,

1.what happen to the syncro?
2.why is it broken? - although the car only done 30k km...
3.have you had any issues after the replacement?
4.how much would it cost to replace the syncro, after the warranty expires?
5.if the syncro is broken, how bad is the damage to the transmission..?

syncro looks rusty, and the oil seems very black for the transmission...or its just the picture?

they designed a new type of ring that is composed of one part (before it was three parts that made up the ring as they were linked together) that's what i understood anyway. it shouldn't happen again now, i have no idea about the cost it was done under warrenty but you have to take the whole gearbox out and take it apart which sounds costly!

the oil was brand new :worried: not even a week old then it had to be replaced