** Clio Owners PLEASE read HIGHLY IMPORTANT **

just to say on this the o/s on is very small and you need to cut the end off. the n/s one has a flap on the end you need to take the flap off

Reactions: papa
Did this a few days ago
glad I did as the drivers side was completely blocked and the passenger side had some sort of dirt plug half way down. No puddles though. Good timing as it torrential down poured last night and today.

thanks for posting this reminder as it something I've been meaning to crack on with since February.
(91000miles and 7 years old)

I've got round to doing this earlier on today. Thankfully there wasn't much build up, but it's good to know where it all is and to keep an eye on it. Thank you.

Did mine the other week. Just in time too, drivers side was completely blocked. To do mine I took the bolts out the wiper arm on the drivers side (taped wiper mark on windscreen first). etyjevuj.jpg9amy5uvu.jpgy6a8eheq.jpg2e4yru3a.jpgy8e9uvaq.jpg8y6a4eda.jpgme2u7u5a.jpg

to save marking the wiper position just put them in the service position.

Only seen this thread and after having problems with electrics recently, albeit intermittently, I thought I'd check it out.

Poor drain holes where badly blocked. Disgusting the hungry that was in the drivers side one in particular. Cleaned out now so fingers crossed the intermittent issues disappear!

I just bought me a Clio 200 this weekend and gave it clean yesterday and noticed there were leaves and gunk in under the scuttle so going to have a proper look at this over the weekend as I fear the drain plugs are probably blocked too, thanks guys!

Great thread, did mine today and passenger side cleared up fine but driver side (LHD car) doesn't seem to be willing to let go. Look clean and tried with hot water compressed air and a coat hanger. I guess the actual tube is bent or something. How do i access the tube, just take of the wheel well and I see the tube or what? Thanks!

Got mine sorted last week, there was a fair bit of gunk but I found a £2 drain unblocking pipe from B&M Bargains did the trick along side a jug of water!

All done and dusted within 15 mins!

All i can say is thanks so much for informing us of this. This site is awesome for info. I bought my 200 cup 3 weeks ago and am totally obsessed with it !!! I've been cleaning the car bit by bit, last weekend i clay bared polished and waxed. And today before a wash i thought id have a look at my drain holes. So glad i did, drivers side was blocked with a small duck pond in there and passenger side full of muck and leaves. an hour and a half of cleaning and all is good !!!IMG_0454.JPG IMG_0455.JPG IMG_0458.JPG

Reactions: papa and Chris
All i can say is thanks so much for informing us of this. This site is awesome for info. I bought my 200 cup 3 weeks ago and am totally obsessed with it !!! I've been cleaning the car bit by bit, last weekend i clay bared polished and waxed. And today before a wash i thought id have a look at my drain holes. So glad i did, drivers side was blocked with a small duck pond in there and passenger side full of muck and leaves. an hour and a half of cleaning and all is good !!!View attachment 117176 View attachment 117177 View attachment 117178

Stunning engine bay mate!

Glad the info helped you out :smile:

Reactions: Nelthewire
So important this. Basically one leaf blocking the drain plug left unnoticed and you could be in for a lot of problems. Drain plugs and brakes should be serviced at least twice a year.

I'm planning to do this, too. Are these plastic things holding the grill in place screws or just plugs and how do I get them off at best without damaging them?