** Clio Owners PLEASE read HIGHLY IMPORTANT **

I'm planning to do this, too. Are these plastic things holding the grill in place screws or just plugs and how do I get them off at best without damaging them?
just plugs fella the middle bit that looks like a screw pulls up then the plug lifts out

Reactions: Marsch
did this on sunday. car was frozen. so was i. no puddles to report but a few leaves and random piece of plastic in the drivers side drain.
removed all that pointless foam around the top mount covers as well. it was all falling apart.

Reactions: Nelthewire
Anyone with a Clio please just take a minute and read this it might just save you a small fortune.

After recently posting a How to guide on how to clean your scuttle panel and the surrounding area's its come to light that if you have a blockage on the passengers side drain that there is a strong possibility of water gathering around the electrics and ruining them.

A few members on here have recently had this issue and I understand the damage can be quite costly. I don't know exactly how much but I've heard figures of £1,000+

Please check your drainage holes beneath the scuttle panel if you haven't already.

Link HERE or HERE for what to do

- Jack
I'm new here & a new 197 owner, this thread has given me a to do task, thanks for the detailed instructions, it will be getting tackled as soon as it dry outside. Great work guys.

Reactions: Nelthewire
I'm new here & a new 197 owner, this thread has given me a to do task, thanks for the detailed instructions, it will be getting tackled as soon as it dry outside. Great work guys.
glad you are finding this site helpful..:thumb:

Reactions: CJ197
Either quarter turn with screwdriver and just pull out or pop it up a bit with screwdriver and pull out depending on what style they are

Thanks very much for this thread! Over the past week I’ve been driving around with what sounded like water in my ears! I can safely say you could have taken a swim in the levels of water I found. I feel slightly ignorant and naive that I never spotted this thread! Cleaned drains and surrounding areas... tested water passing through both of them. Even used the girlfriends hairdryer to ensure everywhere was dry! I’m going to make sure I do this often from now onwards.

This might be a daft question, but what is the point of the 2 rubber drains. Could you live with them removed?

Thanks again!