how do clio owners view the megane?

so sorry if this should be in the other renault section but thought we would have a little discussion thread on what we think one the megane, i drove a 265 and thought it was great even if the spec wasn't but my car did feel quite light on its feet after it.

what does everyone else think, fatter big brother or just another awesome Renaulsport thats a big bigger?

p.s i know this has been covered a little before but never seen an actual proper thread relating to both views and a bit of a discussion

thanks guys!

I like the clios more.
I drove the 265cup and almost bought one but i couldnt replace it with the clio!!
Clio ftw!
The clio is more enjoyable its smaller as hot hatch should be too .
I loved the feedback in the clio more and im quite sure the steering wheel was abit better
Too.
Anyhow i picked the clio[emoji122] [emoji122]

Even though it sports a Renault badge fore and aft - i'm not so sure its 'natural progression' as such.

Different car, different concept, different engine configuration, different power-delivery........

Perhaps for those seeking 'more'. Whether that be more speed, more space, more grown-up........? (I've not so much as sat in one). Not discounting one by any means saying all that.

Random thoughts.

God iam on my 11RS now had a 250 good cars very reliable but I'd take my 220T over my Meg if you do and track it only half a Tank of fuel the arse end can be lively under hard Braking

I think they are very similar. I love mine, at the meet i attended yesterday the clios are really fast in the very tight short corners but the megane doesnt struggle to stay with its just wider and less tail happy i think. Power is a different story.

I think they are very similar. I love mine, at the meet i attended yesterday the clios are really fast in the very tight short corners but the megane doesnt struggle to stay with its just wider and less tail happy i think. Power is a different story.
Fill it up and stand on the brakes

yeah it did seem more grown up and refined but still a renaultsport, must admit i did like the extra torque and a yellow trophy with Ohlins and an aura would be pretty cool!

On the brakes the rear definitely wants to come round but she can still be very nimble.
You can tell they come from the same family :smile:
i wouldnt get too worried about the ohlins. akra is standard on the trophys. Fantastic noise.

James what's your usage planned for the car

right now i want to keep my clio but i do a good chunk of miles and basically do everything from london central, boring motorway and fun roads but yeah right now the ride is getting pretty hard. seeing as its not been changed for almost 64k miles! yeah i love my clio but a fear a megane would be a better daily sadly

right now i want to keep my clio but i do a good chunk of miles and basically do everything from london central, boring motorway and fun roads but yeah right now the ride is getting pretty hard. seeing as its not been changed for almost 64k miles! yeah i love my clio but a fear a megane would be a better daily sadly
If you find one on Renault retail I'll try and help you I've a MK4 coming /they are go but my 220t across country is as quick and iam a slow old man