** Clio Owners PLEASE read HIGHLY IMPORTANT **

Anyone with a Clio please just take a minute and read this it might just save you a small fortune.

After recently posting a How to guide on how to clean your scuttle panel and the surrounding area's its come to light that if you have a blockage on the passengers side drain that there is a strong possibility of water gathering around the electrics and ruining them.

A few members on here have recently had this issue and I understand the damage can be quite costly. I don't know exactly how much but I've heard figures of £1,000+

Please check your drainage holes beneath the scuttle panel if you haven't already.

Link HERE or HERE for what to do

- Jack

Last edited:
Good advice Jack. One thing I did yesterday was pour some water down the passenger side drain and checked it came out on the ground below, which it did. So as a quick check without taking the wipers off, plastic panel etc, get a torch, locate the drain hole, you can see it through the plastic panel, use a watering can or water bottle and pour some water down it, see where it goes.

Can't do the same on the drivers side I don't think as I couldn't see the drain hole.

I would still advise to fully remove the wipers, panel etc and give it all a good clean at some stage.

Cheers .... Simon.

Good idea [MENTION=3516]deadmau5[/MENTION]
[MENTION=49763]Rotoryboy[/MENTION] I really do recommend everyone does it.

Yiannis197

Paid Member
Yes indeed and good call, that's why I'm doing mine very often. I've heard this happening to other cars as well..

Well I decided to nip out and do it now. Glad I did. Both sides full to the brim

8ydasapu.jpg

uva8y3ah.jpg

Cheers for the heads up guys. This could have ended up expensive

Reactions: papa
Am I right in thinking that what the arrow is pointing at is the drain...

orpu.jpg

Last edited:
Jesus christ!

I thought it was, that's ridiculous! Well all sorted now hope the electrics were ok?

Hmmm, my car is sat on the drive whilst I'm at Uni.

Getting a tad worried about this after all the SHOCKING weather :worried:

I think this is a good idea..

When I had trouble with the wipers I went through cleaning the gutters out.. if you look at the actual rubber pipes the water flows through they have a stopper/lip at the bottom. .
Another Renault site...not clio sport :thumbsup: suggested cutting these off too reduce sludge build up..
I done this during the summer and I have no build...yet

Sorry guys not trying to steal anyone's thunder.

Didn't see the previous post and just wanted to warn members

Apologies

I don't think anyone is trying to take any glory for this. I think it should be a sticky in the newbie section. I am new and it was this thread that made me check. With new owners coming along all the time other threads are easily missed.

This needs to be a check within the first week of ownership IMO