Clio overrated

Had my clio 200 cup (59 plate) a couple of weeks now, it's only coverd 10,000 miles and I've had so many problems with it:

1) air bag light has a mind of its own.
2)the key card has played up
3) there is a knock when I turn the steering wheel right
4)the a slurping/splashing noise coming from the engine
5)drove to work to day to find that when I go into 4th I get a loud crunch
6)it runs like **** in the morning for about 5 mins
So the car is going into morrow to address these problems. Do I actually want it back? I'd there other "common" faults to look out for

Had my clio 200 cup (59 plate) a couple of weeks now, it's only coverd 10,000 miles and I've had so many problems with it:

So the car is going into morrow to address these problems. Do I actually want it back? I'd there other "common" faults to look out for

Bingo....

1) dodgy connection maybe?
2) replace keycard battery?
3) dunno, other people have had it. Mine did it but not noticed it in a long time. dry steering doesn't help.
4) huh? when does it happen?
5) yup, new gearbox time. in warranty should get replaced no questions out you should push for a big RUK contribution if not 100%
6) what fuel do you use?

Sadly there does just seem to be some 'friday' cars out there.

Lol and i thought my car was a Friday build!

Sloshing noise in engine bay was air in the heater matrix for me, it bubbled about during warm up.

pretty much a full house there :blink:

Bingo....

Lol and the winner is... :smiley:

S**t luck there mate. Get it in to them get all of them fixed, and make sure they are properly fixed. The best thing to do is play all of the issues at once and demand a new gearbox and a new keycard, no questions, no contributions, no fuss.

Once it back, take her out and drive the piss out of it. You'll soon come around, we've all had some/all of these issues but were still here because after the niggles they still are great car!

4 is normally blocked drain holes just bellow the front window at each side is it not?

If you kill a gearbox in 10,000 miles you must be driving it like you stole all the time. Mechanical sympathy goes a long way. Im on 71,000 miles and still on the original box

If its just one of those internet problems that always appears worse than reality and it is only a 1 in a 1000 type problem them i'm back in the 197/200 hunt.

It just seems to be very common.

It's quite common yes, but it very much depends on how the car is driven I think.

Although, obviously everybody will say that they're sympathetic etc., in reality not everyone will be. It is a ''common'' fault, it is something that Renault know about as they have changed and revised the gearbox and it's internals a couple of times during the 197/200s life cycle which would indicate that they're aware of a weakness. However, they haven't accepted it as an official problem and they've never done a recall or anything like that. If you're into smashing the car away from the lights then the 'box won't last long. Simple as that.

If you kill a gearbox in 10,000 miles you must be driving it like you stole all the time. Mechanical sympathy goes a long way. Im on 71,000 miles and still on the original box

+1.

Roughly 46,000M, original clutch and gearbox. Not a crunch to be found and she gets driven as nature intended.

I do a lot of motor way driving last owner was an old man of 65.. I can promise you I drive with a lot of care .. Double the service history it should have