Clio is Cool or Chavvy?

The 200 looks fine apart from the chromed 'exhaust' tips at the rear that look a bit 'salty' imho

Fernandez needs to sell me some carbon replacements.

When i was looking for my 197 i kept my options open.

I did consider a corsa of sim vintage, both have been around for a simular ammount of time, 2006 but there seemed to be plenty of, perhaps chaved up is not the correct term but blinged up and i can see them (corsas) going that way more than i can see the clio ending up that way.

As the prices tumble it will get worse but then the prices of 1*2s has fallen but the place is not flooded with chaved up 1*2s

It happens but thankfully not all the time/everywere.

I think the 197/200 is cool.

The A1 is definately not cool. Just a very expensive Polo which is already and expensive Ibiza/Fabia!

The Abarth 500 is pretty cool in my books.

Is the Clio RS cool, I don't really think so. Is it reguarded as a too notch hot hatch, most definately and that's why I was attracted to it and from driving it it confirmed its reputation was well earned.

Throw something else in it. The Clio becomes really cool if I pull in the petrol station and it has no rear seats and a cage because then its becomes 'a big boys toy'. The bloke with the BM now looks and thinks, wish my wife would let me have one of those?????

This is pretty cool 8) Had many a people ask about it in petrol stations, even had a TT driver at traffic lights winding their windows down asking questions

Best one was pulling in behind a traffic cop at the pumps and him asking about it been stripped and caged complementing the Lil clio :smile:

I wouldn't say they ate Chavy relative to say a Vxr corsa, them things make the clio look about as Chavy as Cliff Richard

It's been mentioned on previous posts. It depends on who looks at the car, who owns the car and the kind of modifications. I believe, the clio as it comes from the factory (R27 excluded lol) is not chavvy. It's rare, wide, sexy, most people don't know what it is really. Put some stickers on, spray the wheels, stick an exhaust, lower it, put the music full blast, tinted windows...job done....

Having said that, I do like Fernandez car....am I a chav? I think I am, I own an R27 after all:wink:

Last edited:
Neither.

The only way to gage if a car is cool or chavy is to consider what Keira Knightly would say when presented with it or if you were to collect on your way to a posh dinner do. And to the 197/200 she'd probably say oh that's a smart looking Clio at which point you'd have to start explaining to her that its not just a Clio its an RS model which means it has a 2.0 litre 16v engine producing 197bhp with a stiffer lower chassis than a normal Clio, widely revered as the best hot hatch currently on the market....... And during this poor Keira has glazed over and vomited all over her new Jimmy Choo's as a result of sheer boredom. So to this I would say the Clio is not cool nor is it chavy, it's a geeks car one for only the purest of petrol heads. And worst still if you own an R27 and have to explain what makes it so special and different from the rest.

This said I own an R27 number 225/500 and I'm proud to say I'm a geek, a petrol head nerd and I wouldn't want it any other way.

One things for sure its not chavy, well not as chavy as this bad boy....

SNF2016J_107059a.jpg

This.

At the moment, the 197/200 isn't chavvy, it's the pick of the bunch.

But in time as values drop and they start to fall into the wrong hands then who knows...

Yes, just look at some of the posting on Cliosport! :rofl:

Neither.

The only way to gage if a car is cool or chavy is to consider what Keira Knightly would say when presented with it or if you were to collect on your way to a posh dinner do. And to the 197/200 she'd probably say oh that's a smart looking Clio at which point you'd have to start explaining to her that its not just a Clio its an RS model which means it has a 2.0 litre 16v engine producing 197bhp with a stiffer lower chassis than a normal Clio, widely revered as the best hot hatch currently on the market....... And during this poor Keira has glazed over and vomited all over her new Jimmy Choo's as a result of sheer boredom. So to this I would say the Clio is not cool nor is it chavy, it's a geeks car one for only the purest of petrol heads. And worst still if you own an R27 and have to explain what makes it so special and different from the rest.

This said I own an R27 number 225/500 and I'm proud to say I'm a geek, a petrol head nerd and I wouldn't want it any other way.

One things for sure its not chavy, well not as chavy as this bad boy....

SNF2016J_107059a.jpg

Look a post that long reaaaalllllyyyyy doesnt help us, it sounds like it was wrote by a middle aged man wanting to host a TV show about cars on a Sunday evening and then letting some gay long haired fool drive it in some kind of challenge

Hang on, i think i fell asleep during my own old age post

At the end of the day....what does chavy actually mean these days?

Growing up it meant scally - lads in tracksuits who didnt work, drove novas and listened to happy hardcore whilst doing laps of the town in their lexus lighted hatch back.

The term chav now just seems to mean something people dont like.

Hey look at that enzo.... if it's no to their taste then it's chav. :/ winds me up lol.

Any way 197/200 infact any Renault Sport isn't a chavy car in my eyes.

As long as its kept well, not modified in the wrong way then its a great car not a chav car.

Unfortunately around here I see a lot of 172 being driven by yobs (man I feel old saying that) with tinted lights and windows and **** wheels. I think we are lucky in the fact that the 197/200 is still out of reach money wise for this type of person so they remain unchavy for the time being.

At the end of the day....what does chavy actually mean these days?

Growing up it meant scally - lads in tracksuits who didnt work, drove novas and listened to happy hardcore whilst doing laps of the town in their lexus lighted hatch back.

The term chav now just seems to mean something people dont like.

So true. The real meaning of the word Chav is Council House And Violent

Ironically 99% of the people on here are chavs - word derived from the Romany for 'boy'.

200 is uncool.

197 not so :eek:

Last edited by a moderator: