Clio 197 oil cooler removal

Hi All,

I have a 2007 Clio 197.

I have an issue by where the new oil filter is leaking around the seal.

Looking at the mating face of the oil cooler (The thing the oil filter screws on to, which has coolant pipes), it is disformed, as though maybe the previous oil filter was tightened too much and now hand tight is not 'tight enough'.

My question is, if I undo the nut that I can see on the threaded part (The bit that would have the oil filter screw on to), would I be able to remove the 'Oil cooler' and replace it?

Anyone else had this issue, which resulted in needing to replace the oil cooler?

The part number I have found for it, is: 8200806731

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

That's exactly right.
They're really common to shift location. It's not too much of a problem unless the coolant pipes start rubbing on things like the knock sensor and block

That's exactly right.
They're really common to shift location. It's not too much of a problem unless the coolant pipes start rubbing on things like the knock sensor and block

Thank you so much, I appreciate the clarification!

I am starting to doubt the part number I originally provided (8200806731), as it claims to be for the F4R 832 engine. The 197 has a F4R 830, right?

Does anyone happen to know if the 197 and 200 engines differ enough, that the oil cooler would be different?

Thanks again for all the assistance, it is much appreciated!

I can’t see that it would be different personally.
Certainly worth a punt if it’s cheap enough

The part number suggests it's a common part across Renault/Nissan/Dacia so I'd mirror what Nathan suggest, I'd be confident enough to take a punt it's the same

Here you go, parts diagram for 832 engine, same part number for the oil cooler element

Screenshot 2023-02-09 at 09.14.48.png

@R20BTG , you are an absolute GEM!

Thank you so much for doing this.

I was trying to find part diagrams online, and could not get them anywhere.

Have an amazing day!

Thinking about how best to get to the oil cooler, with pipework being in the way of it from top.

Is the Bumper and Radiator (Coolant and AC) removal a big job on the 197?

Thinking that would open up the front, for me to workface on, instead of above/below.

Any advise is much appreciated!

Not a big job at all, and make it a lot easier. But obviously you’ll need to drain the rad and the AC gas

Not a big job at all, and make it a lot easier. But obviously you’ll need to drain the rad and the AC gas

Ahhh, I had thought about a coolant flush, but totally overlooked the AC drain/recharge!

I will have a think about it, before tackling the job then.

Thanks again for your assistance @RSRowe, I appreciate it!