Clio 200 & Corsa VXr @ The Ring

VXR was faster coming out of the corners i noticed. is that to do with the boost?

VXR was faster coming out of the corners i noticed. is that to do with the boost?

low down torque and the clio driver probally waiting to see when the vxr accelerates .

There are pro's and cons for being in front/ behing on track .

yeah i dont think i would like being behind a similar powered car. i wud rather be infront or be left in the dust of a faster car.

How will the corsa engine handle all that boost with a higher CR ratio? is it very low to begin with?

Perhaps i should start a new thread waynes vxr discussion! :thumbup:

this was my time attack map.

timeattack001.jpg

we has seen 346lb/ft but mapped it down as i like my gearbox.lol

There's a video on YouTube of Needell doing a timed lap in a 197, and in VXr, the 197 wins, hands down. Listen to his commentary, the Clio is the by far the better car; Needell knows what he's talking about - the handling on the 197 is miles better. Also, the styling on the VXr is way too girly, designed to appeal to chavs.(...:tongueout:inky:smile:, and homos.

There's a video on YouTube of Needell doing a timed lap in a 197, and in VXr, the 197 wins, hands down. Listen to his commentary, the Clio is the by far the better car; Needell knows what he's talking about - the handling on the 197 is miles better. Also, the styling on the VXr is way too girly, designed to appeal to chavs.(...:tongueout:inky:smile:, and homos.

Spoken like a true IDIOT .

When you have your head out of tiff's ar5e then feel free to come back to appolagise for your childish post.

Are you a better driver than Needell? Do you know more about cars than Nedell? Have you driven, and tested more cars than Needell? Needell's comments are worth considering when it comes assessing cars.

Last edited:
Are you a better driver than Needell? Do you know more about cars than Nedell? Have you driven, and tested more cars than Needell? Needell's comments are worth considering when it comes assessing cars.

right mate now watch this.
click on link
move down the page to the corsa/clio and swift video.(10th video down)

http://www.strikeengine.com/car_video/autocar-videos.html

anyone can prove/make anycar look good.:-p
corsa was faster proven in this video,in a video i have seen at milbrook a clio keeps up with an RS,so if in this video the corsa vxr is faster than the clio,that means a corsa will have an RS,fact no bloody way,don't take video's as fact mate.
just buy the car you like and enjoy it.

Last edited:
Dont like Tiff or VBH really. So Fifth Gear is a big no no for me.

Wayne is spot on though, one vid to another isn't really conclusive evidence. Would have to be several laps, by the same driver in the same conditions. I dont think there is a massive difference between the two in terms of performance. Personal preference led me towards the Clio though and I wouldn't ever swap, as I say though it is just individual taste.

if i had to pick one for a race with the other one,i do not know which one i would go for,they are both good cars.
i would pick a clio cup race car over most cars out there,i have driven one round brands and OMG.

Indeed . As a drivers car primarilly track clio is amazing .

Everyday well i sold mine as everyday i found it a chore , i know you all know what i mean . . . .

Cheers for the link wayne, im sure when caveman wakes up from his jam sandwhich and afternoon nap hell be back on here to deffend a tiff .

Truth is he makes the car win that he want's to win .

As said before but the car you want enjoy it but for god sake take of the , this is the only good car in the world blinkers . respect each car out there for what it is and what it is good at .

Were all adults afterall .

I must admit I like the VXRs. I think they're pretty smart looking. A bit OTT maybe but still, they certainly stand out. A mate of mine has one and with limited mods (Filter, Remap, Remus Exhaust), it read 227BHP on the same rollers my 197 (Filter) read 193BHP. There's no way I'd get anywhere near 227BHP with a Remap and an Exhaust. Turbo engines offer far more BHP Per Pound than N/A, that's just how it is.

But, I never considered one when buying the Clio. The Clio is what it is, the best in it's class, very well rounded. As good as the engine is, the chassis is it's equal. Unlike the VXR in MY opinion. I prefer the looks of the Clio as it's quite subtle but obviously sporty and it doesn't have the same ''Nobhead Driver'' reputation as the VXR does. The Clio is, in MY opinion the better all round car. I can take this on a track as it is and keep up with most things. The VXR just doesn't handle as well, but it's still a fine car. To be honest, I think they're aimed at different audiences anyway.

I don't understand why people get so blinkered sometimes. It's like the old 106 vs Saxo debates I used to see all the time when I had my Rallye. They're 99.9% the same bloody car and people used to argue all day long about them instead of just appreciating the pro's/con's of each. It's like the Evo and Impreza boys, some are complete arses and just will not acknowledge the other of being a good car. A good car is a good car, regardless of what badge is on the front of it.

Either way, the VXR and the Clio both piss all over the Fiesta ST. :thumbup:

Last edited: