Clio 200 vs corsa vxr burg vs golf gti mk5!

The big question is, who'd come out on top?! Having a big debate with mates! Both the corsa & the golf is good handling wise but is it as good as a 200?! Baring in mind i live on b roads, so who'd win? Doesnt matter about straight line speed! Help...

I test drove the vxr a couple of months ago and was underwhelmed with the power (up against my 245bhp Abarth at the time). Against the Clio now I'd probably welcome the turbo power delivery but on B roads as you've said it's not about the power.
Although the ring edition handles extremely well, I reckon if you keep the Clio in the right rev range you'd do the vxr! The vxr would be changing gear all the time to keep the power up.
I've never driven the golf though so not sure what that would do in comparison.

from fast laps:

RenaultSport 200:

Hockenheim Short 1:19.10 353/596
Top Gear Track 1:33.80 163/197
Serres Racing Circuit 1:40.00 66/119
http://www.fastestlaps.com/cars/renault_clio_rs_iii_cup_facelift.html

Opel Corsa OPC Nurb.

Hockenheim Short 1:18.20 297/596
Top Gear Track 1:31.00 si 131/197
Serres Racing Circuit 1:38.57 45/119
http://www.fastestlaps.com/cars/opel_corsa_opc_nrburgring_edition.html

I'm surprised to be fair!

I'm not just the addition of a drexler LSD will give the better times you're seeing.

The clio has more modern suspension set-up so I would imagine with an LSD it would be very close.

The 'Ring edition Corsa would win for me. Awesome little cars. Wife won't let me have a Grasshopper green one to go with the Ag 200 though.

I have both the MkV GTI and the Clio 200 Cup.

I think the GTI is a better all-rounder - more torque for daily driving, more comfy suspension. But it does not handle like the Clio in any way. It's just a fast hatch... But not a particularly special one.

The Clio RS is far more focused; it has a keener turn-in, the suspension isn't for everyone and it feels pretty darn special. But like every niche, it has limited appeal to the mass market I think. The car might not be fast on paper, but you'd think you're going fast because of all the good sensations you get driving it. That's good enough for me.

I have both the MkV GTI and the Clio 200 Cup.

I think the GTI is a better all-rounder - more torque for daily driving, more comfy suspension. But it does not handle like the Clio in any way. It's just a fast hatch... But not a particularly special one.

The Clio RS is far more focused; it has a keener turn-in, the suspension isn't for everyone and it feels pretty darn special. But like every niche, it has limited appeal to the mass market I think. The car might not be fast on paper, but you'd think you're going fast because of all the good sensations you get driving it. That's good enough for me.

Think that's a fair appraisal......

down here in cape town i do some street racing, i raced all those cars and safe to say, my 200 chowed them all

Yep, 10yr / 100,000 mile warranty for the 1st owner.
Not bad at all if you ask me.

Although an 8k loss on the car with 1000miles on the clock would still put me off buying new!!

its actually lifetime/ 100,000 warranty!

it was a big deciding factor for me

iirc you buy second hand with a 60k 3 year warranty, if the car has low miles and purchased from a dealer then the 100,000 mile warranty may still be available (ie ex demos)

I was looking at them a couple of months ago. Any 2nd hand, be it demo or private purchase would be covered by the 3yr standard warranty (obviously as long as its under 60k).
New is 10yr which they call 'lifetime'.

Year 1
All new Vauxhall passenger cars are covered by a one-year unlimited mileage manufacturer’s warranty with qualifying repairs at no cost to you.

Years 2 and 3
The manufacturer’s warranty is extended for two more years up to a maximum of 60,000 miles.

Lifetime!
After that, Vauxhall provides a unique Lifetime Warranty, available to the first owner for an unlimited time and a maximum of 100,000 miles.

Hmmm well I wasn't told that lol.
Either way it's a ell of a warranty but suppose at the cost of the car brand new they can afford to give that.
Still wouldn't buy one new though;-)

During the initial push out everyone was of the belief it was 10 years, but we were corrected a couple months ago. The massive weakness of vauxhall is their dealers are completely clueless and in a few cases incompetent.

I had a cracking deal on trade in and price of the new car (i was over 6k up considering trade in price and RRP), i was also starting a new job where warranty and reliability were very important to me. They are big big money, buts a raw car with the right bits and a big warranty. Sadly something we are seeing less and less of