Clio 200 & Corsa VXr @ The Ring

This is the Wayne from VXRonline yes.

I defo think it will be faster than a 200 tbh. But you'd expect it with it being the 5th different special Corsa VXR (888, Arctic, VXR Racing, VXR-R and now Nurburg). Tbh, its just progress (Evolution).

mate 888 and vxr-r are not vauxhall ltd run cars.:group:

the 197 could have overtaken.... just at certain points
different cars really more power potential out of the vxr.
surprised it didnt pull away at all tbh.

Damn good drivers.

Well matched cars but on a tighter track ya know... usual argument! nurburg is a fast track.

Damn good drivers.

Well matched cars but on a tighter track ya know... usual argument! nurburg is a fast track.

both good cars and there laps records round the ring are within 0.1 of a second of each other.:jedi:
the clio has the 1 tenth of a second faster time.:thumbsup:

Damn good drivers.

It's a Clio 200 mate not a 197. A 197 would never get that close to a vixer lol.

Great video!!! The Clio had several opportunities to make a pass but when your playing with 16/17k cars making a pass is a bit out of the question in case you are unsighted! Can not wait to get mine now!!

Great video!!! The Clio had several opportunities to make a pass but when your playing with 16/17k cars making a pass is a bit out of the question in case you are unsighted! Can not wait to get mine now!!

I think the video was made to just be following the Vxr. Think the 2 guys organised for the Clio to follow.

is the 200 that much quicker than a 197?????

Probably not. Was just kiddin tbh.

The Cup chassis on the 200 is stiffer than the cup chassis on the 197s so you would imagine that it would be better suited to track driving therefore it should be slightly faster.

the corsa driver didn't like some of the corners, miles away from the apex, haha

the clio driver, need to learn to change before hittin the limiter.

great clip tho :smile:

the corsa driver didn't like some of the corners, miles away from the apex, haha

the clio driver, need to learn to change before hittin the limiter.

great clip tho :smile:

I thought thats what limters were for? :innocent:

Prob had to to keep up with that turbo!

yeah good point but every time ya hit it, it just slows ya down till you change.

and on the topic of the corsa forum, they really don't no what traction control is?? (or is it just me from reading the first few pages) hahaha

kirky2k4 got me, i like corsa better cos u can tune it and its looks nicer (some think along those lines) hahaha

Probably not. Was just kiddin tbh.

The Cup chassis on the 200 is stiffer than the cup chassis on the 197s so you would imagine that it would be better suited to track driving therefore it should be slightly faster.

but the chassois on the corsa is wank but still cornered well.... so the extra 3% or whatever....? magic I spose :wiz: lol

wow wayne that thing looks wicked, Honestly whats the lag like though? we have an S3 with a KO4 running 310 and the lag has become more noticable since the power increase and thats a 2l,

Thanks alot

Pete

i have no lag mate (do ask me why)i just don't,i'm also just about to rebuild my engine with forged high comp pistons,steel crank,uprated valve springs so i can rev to 8,000 and i also have a ko6 to go on.:tongueout:anic:
the high comp pistons rev quicker,you have more power at lower boost and you will save fuel.:thumbup:

Last edited:
i have no lag mate (do ask me why)i just don't,i'm also just about to rebuild my engine with forged high comp pistons,steel crank,uprated valve springs so i can rev to 8,000 and i also have a ko6 to go on.:tongueout:anic:
the high comp pistons rev quicker,you have more power at lower boost and you will save fuel.:thumbup:

awsome car Wayne,

I totally agree about CR, I S/charged my R32 with 1 bar and had to go low compression, it was ballistic after 3500 but there was nothing under that which almost defeats the point of a s/c, i think i would have enjoyed it more if i had kept my standard CR and run less boost and settled for less bhp,

How will the corsa engine handle all that boost with a higher CR ratio? is it very low to begin with?

Perhaps i should start a new thread waynes vxr discussion! :thumbup: