Clio 197 on fire @ the 'Ring

N0ddie

Platinum Member
Perusing through Youtube I came across this vid:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zYejr2JPls[/YOUTUBE]

Gotta feel for the guy!

Looks like they couldnt put it out either, wonder how that happened....

Poor chap, I think I'd cry if mine did that.

suddely a 200 gas extinguisher seems worth it may be ordering another .

Having been on a ring trip where a car cought fire and using several large poweder and foam extinguishers on it to no avail it then a little german lady turn up mall hand held gas one and bang #£60,000.00 time attack car fire goes out WIN :smile:

spending money on a decent entinguisher is a must for all of us .

iMO

They can look quite neat aswell in the passenger footwell with a decent bracket.

suddely a 200 gas extinguisher seems worth it may be ordering another .

Having been on a ring trip where a car cought fire and using several large poweder and foam extinguishers on it to no avail it then a little german lady turn up mall hand held gas one and bang #£60,000.00 time attack car fire goes out WIN :smile:

spending money on a decent entinguisher is a must for all of us .

iMO

Yup. Sure does make ye think. If he'd have had one when the fire started it could have been put out before it consumed the engine bay totally.

Can remember reading your 'Ring trip thread on VXRonline thinking OMG, you guys were lucky.

I KNOW VXR SCUM BAGS !!

its on another forum but when you click quote the images come up not the img codes . :worried:

Spent the last hour pricing up fire extinguishers, damn cheap.

Think I'll be investing in one.

That vid made me a little upset! Although you'd look a bit of a tool with a extinguisher in your passenger footwell, it's gotta be worth it for track days at Nordschleiffe?

Yeah, I doubt I'd put it in my footwell to be honest, but in a stripped out trackweapon it'd look in keeping. :smile:

The missus would just end up setting it off with her feet anyway. :smiley:

hand helds are good but foam is crap thats what failed on us at the ing when the time attack car caught fire