Clio 197 on fire @ the 'Ring

Think I'd go for the CO2 one tbh. The problem with powders is the huge mess it leaves and it doesnt actually cool anything either. Just suffocates the fire.

thrust me co2 leaves a huge mess too cant win really but mess i can deal with fire i can not :smile:

Might sound daft, but think they could have closed the door before hitting it with the fire extinguisher? How gutted must the driver be. That must have been an emotional roller coaster of a day.

happens to the best cars as well, could have been something stupid as the bolts being done up too tight on the wheels for example thats how my mates car caught on fire he couldn't save the whole thing burnt to shreds.

A2on, what happened with all your threads on vxronline, tried to see your astra build thread last night and it's gone, never noticed that you are no longer a member :worried:

thank god it was only a 197 and not a 200!! :smile:

That really does suck tho. Not only losing his car, but the costs of recovery and cleaning the 'Ring. Not a cheap day out for that chap!

who was filming "the stig" :huh:

think if mine caught fire would be a case of let it go up....it would be a write off so might as well let it be a proper write off :bye2:

do you have to sign anything before driving round the ring? Whats to stop you doing a runner lol

No nothing to sign before getting on the 'toll road'

Nothing to stop you doing a runner, apart from the fact your cars burnt :bye2:

or if your car is drivable, you have to get off the road which means driving past all the marshalls, getting out of Germany, crossing some water to get back to Blighty, etc ect. . . .

who was filming "the stig" :huh:

I spotted that too:smile:

happens to the best cars as well, could have been something stupid as the bolts being done up too tight on the wheels for example thats how my mates car caught on fire he couldn't save the whole thing burnt to shreds.

How?!?!

:worried:

must be loads of those around then after visiting kwit-fit :001_rolleyes:

the bolts must have been done up too tightly and all the friction started a fire but once both front tyres were on fire it was difficult to control it, this was right outside heathrow airport as well :wink: