Clio 197 misfire

I’ve recently had a full engine rebuild and new manifold on my 2009 clio 197, it’s been running very rich and is misfiring at higher revs when I accelerate, had it on a dyno and it’s clear to see it’s misfiring allot through gears when accelerating. When it’s ticking over it will rev around 1500rpm and then drop asif it’s going to stall, then pick itself back up to about 2000RPM to correct itself.
Has anyone had any similar issues or know of anyone in the north east area who does allot of work/clued up that would be able to help?
Any replies much appreciated

My thoughts were air leak too.
Double check all the connections and seals in the intake.

Can I ask if you are running a new MAP sensor?

My car did something similar, but at cold start where it would jump to 1500rpm then misfire and then rev up and then settle.

I oil out my map sensor and noticed it was covered in film and cleaned it up and the area and then seated it firmly down completely straight. ( I am running one of those MAP sensor brackets )

On start up it fires up and settles immediately at 1000rpm now.

Not sure if it will help your problems but thought it's worth the check as it's a 10min job

Sent from my Nokia 5.1 Plus using Tapatalk

I managed to snap my Map sensor off today. Even carefully removing it. Which one did you buy? Are the Lucas ones on eBay ok?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I managed to snap my Map sensor off today. Even carefully removing it. Which one did you buy? Are the Lucas ones on eBay ok?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That sucks. I was worried that might happen to mine but thankfully it didn't.

If you did not care for OEM you can try

Sent from my Nokia 5.1 Plus using Tapatalk

Reactions: thunderstarter