Clio 197: P0300 Random/Multible Cylinder Misfire Detected

Antti O

Gold Member
Hello

2 times this summer my 197 has been running rough short time and engine managment light flashing.
Code is P0300. When i re-start car, it runs fine and no any errors. I can erase that error code no problem. Unfortunately i only have universal OBD / bluetooth module which i can use with android torque app. I dont have access to clip reader. Dealer is only here who have clip and it is expensive.

I replaced all 4 coils 4.8.2017.
Is it possible that i have faulty set of valeo coils. Or is it something else.
Yesterday i swapped my original set of coils back.

Any help would be great

Last edited:
I have same Antti, I know my flexi(s) are blowing, so I am hoping it will go away with that.

As it is multiple cylinders, not a single cylinder I think that the coils are not at fault.

I have same Antti, I know my flexi(s) are blowing, so I am hoping it will go away with that.

As it is multiple cylinders, not a single cylinder I think that the coils are not at fault.

Hi
How often your car flashes fault light and gives you that code?
My car , only 2 times. After resetting code it works fine.
Flexis are leaking, i know. Thursday hopefully new flexis will be fitted.

Hi
How often your car flashes fault light and gives you that code?
My car , only 2 times. After resetting code it works fine.
Flexis are leaking, i know. Thursday hopefully new flexis will be fitted.

It does it randomly, some days never, some days a few more times.

Yep same, I also hope it solves my issue!

Hello

2 times this summer my 197 has been running rough short time and engine managment light flashing.
Code is P0300. When i re-start car, it runs fine and no any errors. I can erase that error code no problem. Unfortunately i only have universal OBD / bluetooth module which i can use with android torque app. I dont have access to clip reader. Dealer is only here who have clip and it is expensive.

I replaced all 4 coils 4.8.2017.
Is it possible that i have faulty set of valeo coils. Or is it something else.
Yesterday i swapped my original set of coils back.

Any help would be great

It could be lots of things, ecu coil drivers, wiring, crank sensor, and a lot of other things, sadly it’s either luck and change the offending item or it gets worse and therefore easier to find than an intermittent fault sadly

It could be lots of things, ecu coil drivers, wiring, crank sensor, and a lot of other things, sadly it’s either luck and change the offending item or it gets worse and therefore easier to find than an intermittent fault sadly

I first now get leaking flexis replaced with new oxygen sensor.
And i want to add that i swapped old coils back, but car has been in storage after that. No driving since.
Maybe next time if fault light flashes again, time to pay clip diagnostic in Renault dealer.

I first now get leaking flexis replaced with new oxygen sensor.
And i want to add that i swapped old coils back, but car has been in storage after that. No driving since.
Maybe next time if fault light flashes again, time to pay clip diagnostic in Renault dealer.
clip isn't magic and wont tell you much different to your simple scanner, It may hold some extra data about the fault and revs when it occurred, engine temp etc, however if for example it was a crank sensor it doesn't say any different to yours as the crank sensor has no reference other than possibly cam sensor if you see what I mean and as its a very intermittent fault even a dealer will struggle with it sadly

I had this. I had a huge hole in my flex I changed it and now it runs fine

Exactly same fault code, multiple cylinder misfire?
It can be this, because flexi leak goes worse with time. First time i had this fault was may and second time july.
Flexi leak is now so bad that in mot check when they raise revs in emission test you can hear noise from front of the car, like manifold leak.

Last edited:
if you look on here this fault code comes up alot and to be honest there isnt a diffinutive answer to the issue as its based on the second lambda detecting "something is wrong" ie emissions failure/fault...

mine used to do it most when not fully warm & if i had stopped so my feelings on why it did it was because the plugs didnt clear from the cold start & caused a few miss-fires when restarting..

Some Pic's of the manifold repair.
upload_2018-8-8_23-23-24.png
upload_2018-8-8_23-24-6.png
upload_2018-8-8_23-24-49.png
upload_2018-8-8_23-25-34.png

original size of flexi
upload_2018-8-8_23-26-10.png

My spare manifold repaired by Powerflow exhausts in Antrim I was going to replace both but the guy fixed the one that was blowing.
upload_2018-8-8_23-27-11.png

Make sure the manifold does not get shorter or change shape or you will have problems refitting it.