Cl10 ftw

Bit of an update prior to Euro Trip.

Spacesaver from an Espace bought.

Mid interval oil and filter change.

KW V3s finally fitted. Getting Mark Fish to setup the alignment and damping aswell as trying to find the knock thats started since fitting them!

9498725246_0033eec66a.jpg

9495964189_68c33954ea.jpg

Will update with more images from my FlickR when not at work.

Finally....made a bit of a booboo. In my rage of fury a few weeks back after Renault once again not fixing the knock from the steering, i sold off everything i had stock piled to fit. Bye bye spacers. KWs never sold so thought sod it i will fit them for the trip...get it looking good you know? So rebought some spacers ready for the trip, but STUPIDLY forgot that they list their widths "per axle" not "per hub". So i received a packet with 4 10mm spacers in not 4 20mm ones like i wanted.

Luckily 10mm ones wont fit so i promptly sent FK some photos proving this and they've offered to take them back and exchange for a "40mm per axle" kit.

Whether i get them back in time for the trip im not sure.....the 9th is soon approaching.....and FK are based in Germany!!

Too low! Front came back up 15mm after the photo. No helper springs on the KW V3s. Rear adjuster is still in too.

Unfortunately had to keep it semi practical as i have to use the car all the time.

Nope!

Mark couldnt find it nor replicate it on the ramp. I wasnt prepared to have him start stripping it down so close to the Euro trip.

Found the 4 subframe bolts were loose. Alex nearly fell over when undoing the first, expecting it to be tighter than it actually was.

Did the alignment, camber was odd so Alex managed to loosen the top mount bolts and push/pull either side to get them pretty damn close to -1 1/4 Degrees a side. Tracking was 4mm total toe in, now 1.5 total toe out.

The knock ive been complaining for years, and that caused Renault to replace the rack etc is still there. Mark was intrigued so did a little bit of investigating and is adement that the rack input shaft has way too much play in it for a brand new rack....hmmmm.

Does it drive any better? Dont know really. Is it still pulling to the left? Yerp. Was it worth £234....Dont know, but the guy sure knows his stuff and im happy that nothing should go wrong abroad *touch wood*

Were the subframe bolts really loose? How is that possible? I mean, there were a couple of loose bolts on mine but it hadn't been touched for 5 years (at the time). The dealer you took your car supposedly carried out work on it, removed the subframe and replaced the rack. And that was when? 2 months ago or something? I can't believe that the bolts came undone like this...
Can't you tell it's a new rack btw (clean shiny parts etc)? Unless of course they put on a refurbished one which hasn't been done up properly? Who knows...

Can't you tell a different with more aggressive tracking and suspension set up then mate?

They were HID4U's 6k kit.

However, dont bother, i had nothing but radio interference and the kit packed up within 18months. Osram nightbreaker bulbs went in after and did the job lovely. [MENTION=51641]iMak[/MENTION]

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I Clio 200 Area 6
pepinosport Clio 200 Area 2
Johnny 99 Spotted 0
X Spotted 6
Roblynn1977 Clios For Sale 1