CL10 CYA project

Sean.R

Paid Member
All,

Picked this old gem up today, some of you may remember the car.
It has sat for about 4 years in a lock up and needs some time spent to get it back to the glory days

It is currently a non-runner, has some kind of electrical issues / gremlins, won't start on turn of the key

So will start a project thread for updates and help we.migjt need getting to the bottom of it.

1000066067.jpg

1000066066.jpg

I'd be putting that loom in the bin and starting fresh, that's been fked with far too much lol

I used a Megane R26 loom with the fuse box connectors from a 197 Loom swapped onto it using solder sleeves and its been absolutely rock solid. The one in yours looks to be a 197 loom adapted to a 225 block, which is a far more involved job than adapting a Megane loom to fit the Clio fusebox. I think I spoke to you briefly in the Meglio Facebook chat a couple nights back, the Turbo Renault guide by DaveL is the gospel for these conversions IMO.

Reactions: Don Hogg and RSRowe
I'd be putting that loom in the bin and starting fresh, that's been fked with far too much lol

I used a Megane R26 loom with the fuse box connectors from a 197 Loom swapped onto it using solder sleeves and its been absolutely rock solid. The one in yours looks to be a 197 loom adapted to a 225 block, which is a far more involved job than adapting a Megane loom to fit the Clio fusebox. I think I spoke to you briefly in the Meglio Facebook chat a couple nights back, the Turbo Renault guide by DaveL is the gospel for these conversions IMO.
It's beginning to feel like that
I am kinda hoping I can get it going just as is to make sure everything is ok - then go for a full tidy up over the winter

It's a 225 loom & ECU

The obd is reading, used the icarsoft CR

Main fault is the DF282 - injection multiplexed information missing

1000067589.jpg

I might be wrong but on CANClip “multiplex” normally means a group or system - maybe the injector loom is damaged?

Ok first you need the service manual it's about 90Mb PDF it has Multiplex test and repair functions (section 88b) most likely there is no power going to the injection computer rather than a Can Bus fault.

Reactions: Sean.R and Sean197
Ok first you need the service manual it's about 90Mb PDF it has Multiplex test and repair functions (section 88b) most likely there is no power going to the injection computer rather than a Can Bus fault.
thanks - just downloaded it and having a read ready for next week

does anyone know the part number for the UPC - protection and switching controller (engine bay fuse box)
cheers

I had renault clip connected on friday - it was unable to read / see the ECU

spent saturday tracing wires and testing

I have 12v coming out of the UPC and going to the ECU
also the cambus plug it giving me the 2.9v on the pins and then to the ECU

I proved continuity from the UPC back to the OBD reader as well

bit stuck on the next step

Similar Thread Suggestions