Chris' LY R27 Project 10/12/12

Nothing much has happened on the car since the last update. I have now got it booked in with my mate for a 5 year service and cambelt change, he has done a couple of Renault Sport Clios before so fingers crossed its all ok lol.

Future plans arent massive, just trying to find an inlet so I can send it off to be matched and then painted up. After that I will look for an enlarged TB and then get my map tweaked at RS Tuning. Would love some cams but will neve rhave the money :worried:

Also after a change of alloys, I really want some Turinis but also keeping an eye out for anything else that pops up.

After spraying my centre console earlier in the year I did a pretty bad job of it lol as I was rushing at the time so I have decided to re-do it over christmas which got me thinking about the 'R27' sticker I put on it (I would obviously need another one).

Currently looks like this (with a few scratches and scrapes lol)

DSC00298.jpg

So I decided to have some domed gel badges made up to replace the sticker. My plans are to put one on the centre console, two on each door moulding (like the 'CUP') and I then wanted a larger one for the rear where 'Renault Sport' usually is.

So these are currently on there way to me

IMG_2436.jpg

What do people think? Probably not to everyones taste but im over the moon with them.

Received the badges today so will put them on when the weather calms down lol. If anybody wants any custom badges making up just give me a shout and I will pass on his contact details.

Nothing new going on at the minute apart from the big belt change this weekend. Also having its MOT, Service and gearbox oil change.

Will be collecting my Clio 200 clocks next week so just phoning around getting prices to configure the mileage.

Ordered a 200 diffuser too off Fernandez so expecting that in 8 weeks time :smile:

yeah I was chatting to him on Friday and he said allow 8 weeks, you have to bear in mind the Christmas break too so it might normally 6 weeks. Best just to have a word with him and he will confirm with you mate.

Belts now being changed earlier than planned and being done this Wednesday.

All this talk of sprint boosters at the moment is making me want one, this is a very expensive month lol!!

yeah I was chatting to him on Friday and he said allow 8 weeks, you have to bear in mind the Christmas break too so it might normally 6 weeks. Best just to have a word with him and he will confirm with you mate.

This is correct, I'm having nearly 2 weeks off at Christmas and I'm off from Wednesday for the rest of the week as I'm having a quick op in hospital on Wednesday. I can normally schedule them a lot quicker tho, usually less than 4.

January is not as busy so I'll catch up loads.

Similar Thread Suggestions