Catcams 5504402 - OWNERS thread, Q&A

Mine were fitted by 519automotive and all seems well. Performance is improved, if minorly but I place that on the mild setup. TDF informed me that my oem lifters will only live for 30k at a time though due to the high lift.

I know they're on the site, would really like to hear from them...

But it looks like, for now, I will go on without the cams.

To be fair , untill you get them in proper you don't know what your missing it just feels like torque when I put my foot down now , love it !

To be fair , untill you get them in proper you don't know what your missing it just feels like torque when I put my foot down now , love it !

By now I've spent this year £4000 just on the engine rebuild...with no result in terms of performance and another failure...

It will be better than the uk it's pants here :worried:

Your English is super mate ! :smiley:

Uh...was in the UK (Warwick/London) last February...didn't want to go back. :wink:

I really envy you ;/ (multiculturalism, ppl itself,...). Lovin' it (not another McDonalds commercial) :thumbup:

I will go as far to say K-tek is one of the best companys i have ever had to deal with , Service was the best you could ask for they really could not have done any better for me !
When things dont go to plan thats the test of the service they provide and they did me proud.

:thumbup:

How is that a review of us?

From what I can see, the cars that have been to us for cams have done rather well, as expected.

David.

That seems to be true.

I would appreciate it if you can explain me what needs to be done in order for the cams to work? I know it's your know-how and you live off it, but if you can/want to PM me I would be very grateful...

TBH, I'm stunned with the results you've got just with the cams/remap.

I'm also thinking of buying cat cams, unfortunately there is nobody here in Romania who has done this before, and as I've seen it's not an easy job. Too bad that UK is so far away...

That seems to be true.

I would appreciate it if you can explain me what needs to be done in order for the cams to work? I know it's your know-how and you live off it, but if you can/want to PM me I would be very grateful...

TBH, I'm stunned with the results you've got just with the cams/remap.

I am there Third car they have done and i have had the best results out of what they have done,

Thanks Leigh, teh little Clio is also on standby for next time you come down ; )

Raptor, as long as the cams are fitted and timed up correctly then the rest is really down to the mapping. It has taken us a fair bit of time, with the right software, to find where the right changes need to be made in order to get the best out of the cams.

VladGTI, I have a meeting today with a company who are developing a new part for us which will allow us to tune customers ecus who are all around the world. This should be available very early next year.

David.