200: Bye Bye Gordini.......

2.0 TSI. 210ps.

Pearl Black, DSG gearbox, RNS510 Touch Screen Sat Nav, Multifunction steering wheel, Parking sensors, winter pack, mdi ipod prep in armrest, cruise control.

thats what happens when you buy a new car and trade it in so soon.

shame really, might have been worth keeping it another few months, they have gone up in price the past few months. Went up by £500 from last month.

You see they will be doing a Golf GTI Edition 35, would be the one to get. Looks a nice car, but will be so overpriced like all VW.

You are in the same boat as me and it seems lot more of us. Petrol is starting to creep down now though. I'm getting 47mpg in my 2.0d Volvo C30. Cant moan, just not the same feeling as i used to get driving the 197.
Good luck :smile:

I have a Clio RS Gordini and a Golf GTI DSG on 18 full optional now.
I can tell that the Turbo GTI is strong and in the everyday driving is beautiful but if you want to fun more the Clio RS is a little superior.
I also owned a S2000 an M3 and a 500 Abarth essesse and only the S2000 is more fun to drive than the clio RS.
Make the right decision but pay attention....:wink:

About the lost in money. I have sold my S2000 brand new with 12000 km and never parked out. used only garage to garage and perfect like new. I payed 42000 euro and sell at 23000...........My little baby Carlotta born and so I think that that was the right decision:wink: It's very difficult to use a spider with a baby......I lost money but the new event make the decision a little less sad....

Last edited:
I bought my 197 when it was 12 months old and it had lost about the same (based on RRP) in the first year. They don't represent good value when you try and sell them for little less than new. I think if you buy a car, especially new, you need to keep it for at least 2 years, more like 3. Otherwise you get stung really bad. That's why you need to be completely sure and think about what you are buying before you buy.

You're VAG through and through from talking to you though! Lol! If it doesn't fullfill your needs, then I suppose, only using the car for pleasure means, you have probably done the right thing. Providing you can afford it, which, I assume you must be able to! Ha ha!

In all honesty though, car lovers will never have any money, we're all suckers for a shinny new set of wheels! :thumbsup:

I have a Clio RS Gordini and a Golf GTI DSG on 18 full optional now.
I can tell that the Turbo GTI is strong and in the everyday driving is beautiful but if you want to fun more the Clio RS is a little superior.
I also owned a S2000 an M3 and a 500 Abarth essesse and only the S2000 is more fun to drive than the clio RS.
Make the right decision but pay attention....:wink:

Im well aware of the differences. I have also had a Mk5 Golf GTI DSG in the past.

Heres some pics of the Rocco for anyone interested.

front.jpg

headon.jpg

side.jpg

inside.jpg

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Gilmos1 Clio 200T Area 10
C Clio General Chat 14
Webby Clio General Chat 27
T Other Renault Sports 37
Roy Clio General Chat 40