Bye 197 hello 275 trophy!

So its time for me to part with my 197 after 4 happy and sad years (last year very sad, lots of bills and bad motoring luck)

But I’m not straying far. I only went and brought a 275 trophy.
Sheer dumb luck stumbling on this car. My windscreen wipers packed in on Wednesday. I was driving past a Renault garage near my work (on way to M25) and decided to park, wait out the rain and get a price on a wiper motor/linkage.
Whilst that was being done I was talking to the service guy about renaultsports and he says that they have just had an ex Renault fleet 275 trophy in to be sold. One test drive later and I’m in love.
I go home that night, do my figures to make sure I can afford it. Take my dad to see it the next morning (because my dad has to see my cars before I buy them, I’m still his girl and he has to make sure its a ’safe’ car XD) and its all mine.

Pick it up next Friday (due to my work schedule) and cant wait. Clio goes in as part ex same day. They actually gave me top value for it considering the 110k on its clock.

My old 197
8xu6Xcp.png

the new 275 trophy №006
6k mileage, 10 months old, 1 owner and packed with all extras. 19 inch alloys scare me a little tbh lol

Last edited:
Thanks yeah I cant quite believe I’ve finally got one either. I’ve mooned over the megane 250 and newer for about 2 years and I’ve been saying I’d have one by the end of last year/this year and its now happened. Cant wait to get this week out the way so I can pick her up.

The waiting is so hard lol

Yeah I’m aware its ex Renault press car. Its twin is hk14dkg. Ill search out the pistonheads article now. I keep finding bits on dkg but not so much on muw, just the one video so far.

The way it drove didn’t leave me with any worries. Plus its got a lot of warranty left and of anything does go funny on it o can fall back on the fact it is ex press but I’ve heard good things about ex Renault fleet cars and my old clio was a fleet car and served me well for 3 years then hit 90k and started breaking. Still decent trade in for a 110k miler

It will be getting tracked but not for the first year or so.

My 1 regret is never having taken my clio out on track. This is a problem with expensive cars. I worry about wrecking them for the first few years. With my old fiestas, they were sheds so I’d sling them around happily lol.

I was tempted by this, a few of the lads in the service department where trying to convince me.. It was originally priced massively high until someone came to view it and pointed out you can buy a new one for less.

Yeah it was up for something like 32k originally, thats 275 trophy r territory. You can buy them new for 28k without any extra stuff. I wouldn’t have touched it at that price either.

Similar Thread Suggestions